• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

What Color is Your Ipod's Backlight?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

What Color is Your Ipod's Backlight?

• Blue

Votes: 132 41.3%
  • White

Votes: 116 36.3%
  • Mix

Votes: 61 19.1%
  • Other

Votes: 11 3.4%

• Total voters

Cpt. Power

personnally i would say the blue is so light it's almost white...:D
on the other hand when I turn up the contrast it tends definitely to a darker shade of blue.

Nicholas

Karma Owner
Mine is pure white, except sometimes it is bluish under flourescent lights.
If you want a blue one get an exo and a jamaca ishade.

jsebrech

Mine is just as blue as in the picture (clearly blue even with other lightsources present). Maybe the difference exists over EU/US ipod's? EU ipods are different due to the volume leveling. Maybe they use different backlights too for some reason or another? (Btw, my ipod is a EU version ordered from Apple Belgium)

EnderWiggin

How weird. My wife's is white, mine is blue. We bought them at the same Apple store, both 15G, however, we bought hers in May and mine in September. Oh well, I got the cool one! I won't tell her!

Porky

JP_in_GB

Mine is not white..but isn't as bold a blue as I see in pictures.
it's almost purpleish. so mix I guess.

wind

Duke of Chutney
Website
www.digitalstrike.org
Mines, blue, a neon kind of blue. I want it to be red :D (I've seen it in some site, but they advise not to crack open the ipod) :(

EDIT:

It looks a little lighter then the blue in that picture (first post) kind of like a ash blue. I think it looks cool, it's not white, or that blue blue color. :)

Last edited:

oldskooler

Interesting!!!

This is a thread I just came across....and from some reading it appears that iPods purchased more recently contain the 'blue' backlit screens.

I get my 3G 20GB iPod tomorrow and I bought it from Apple Canada.

Only time will tell.......................

peterwigan

when you buy an ipod. if you asked apple to give you one with a blue backlight. do you think would?

Christophillis

I just got mine today, (3g 15gig) and when I first turned it on it was grey. I was dissapointed. I charged it up then listened to it and the back light was then blue. So you are right it has to be a battery thing.