• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

What Color is Your Ipod's Backlight?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

What Color is Your Ipod's Backlight?

• Blue

Votes: 132 41.3%
  • White

Votes: 116 36.3%
  • Mix

Votes: 61 19.1%
  • Other

Votes: 11 3.4%

• Total voters

torchedlh

Make sure you are determining the color under NO light (ie in the dark) as different lighting can affect the color of it. Again, look at your ipod in the COMPLETE dark before you judge which color it is. Please try to vote White or Bue, if it's not completely one color, pick which it's closest to. If you can't decide which it's closest to, please vote "Mix".
here's a pic for refrence:
http://www.prwmusic.com/misc/ipod/dark-big.jpg

Also, if you vote other, please post a pic if you could, thanks.

Last edited:

red_420

Has anyone figured out why the backlight is different in different 3G iPods?

stasyna

PeacePod
ok.

look at your iPod ( 2nd/1st ) gen on an angle, it'll appear blue. look striaght up its white.

blue_maffu_202

what? your backlight can be white? I just orderd a 3G and it will be here tommorow. I hope is has a blue light! Blue is my favorite color. Just my luck it will end up white. why are there 2 colors??? is there a greater chance of having a white one or a blue one?

lilteyang

seems like all the ipods that I see in the stores have white back lights.... I was wondering about that since the pictures on the boxes are always blue.... I'm just waiting for my 15GB to arrive from my ebay seller... I'm crossing my fingers and hoping mine will be blue.... because the white doesn't look nearly as bright...

blue_maffu_202

Well I got my ipod which I bought on ebay. I was soooo wanting a blue backlight but instaed I have a white. The white doesn't look totally bad and it definetly is bright enough. I wish i had blue though, it looks so much better!

lilteyang

As it turned out, some people said my backlight is white; some said it's purple...
It's definitely not blue, I'll tell you that...

deftdrummer1

The power that be.
how could they possibly make different colored backlighting? why would they even do that? to make the resale value of a blue screen ipod worth more??

IronSerif

100% Dead Sexy
The picture that Torchedlh posted was the first that I've seen with a blue backlight. Every iPod that I have seen in person has had the white backlighting, even the one that I have :(

torchedlh

weird thing is, although i consider my ipod's backlight to be blue, i've never seen it THAT blue like the ipod in the picture. mine is a darker more purple color. even still i think it provides better contrast than the white backlit ones.

MetalliPod717

confused

Im not really sure what mine is... I just got the 3rd gen. 10GB iPod...after seeing those 2 pics on the first post, i thought mine was blue... but then i looked at mine and it appeares white...but its blindingly bright... not nearly as dull as the white in the pic... so im gonna have to say mines a mix... also... if someone has a pic of the supposedly purple light... id like to see it... every light ive ever seen in person is super bright white like mine.

sirgolf82

Try this...

Turn on your backlight while under fluorescent lights at work, mine looks white. Take it in a dark room, turn it on and it has a blue haze to it. I think it has something to do with the 'white balance' effect some others have talked about on the board.

iamaustin

Website
www.austina.net
There are 2 different color backlights. My friend just bought his at CompUSA and it is extremely blue. It looks like it has an indigo backlight that those watches have. Mine is white. Mine looks smoother and there are no shaddows cast by the lights on the side. In addition, mine looks blue under certain lighting conditions

ILoveMusic

Mine is white. I was hoping it was blue, like the one that is displayed on their box!!! Oh well...it's still #### nice! Better than the usuall deep blue or green that some other mp3 players have.

P.S. Can the people responding with their LCD color please include info on their iPod? Like how big of a hard drive?

The reason i ask is because i heard that the 30Gb iPod is the one that comes with a blue lit LCD.

iamaustin

Website
www.austina.net
That is not true, my friend has a 15 gig. The blue looks bad, the lights case a big shaddow. He hates his and wishes his backlight was smoother, he even sent it back to apple because he thought there was an issue with the screen. I dont care either way, if he keeps complaining ill just switch mine with his... (his has less scratches :D

joe2100

SIGH.. i just saw one of the actual blue backlight ones at compusa.. it was beautiful.. personally i think the color is much better than the white/grey, it is also much crisper looking, like the lcd is of higher quality. wish there was some way to trade my white 15gig for a blue one 8(