What Can It Do?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

jlreynolds

I recently purchased my wife an 8 gig ipod.
Now I am thinking about one for myself. The only thing that I can see I would use it for is listening to the Bible (about 1.7 gig of mp3 files), some songs and some sermons. So I believe that the 4 gig would do me fine.
However, I have a friend that just bought the 30 gig 'because it can do so much more.
'However at this point he can't tell me what else it can do except to listen to more files, look at digital pictures and maybe a video. Although I can't imagine watching a video on such a small unit.
So, my question is, "What are some of the 'more things' that the larger units can do.?"
Thanks so much for the input.
James

iPAY

People of the Sun
thats pretty much it. "videos" YAY!!!! thats why i bought one.
oh and you can buy better games now from itunes. pacman, mahjong, etc....

skateboarderx24

Alternative Fuel Advocate
Website
www.schumanautomotive.com
well it doesnt grate cheese but I love the video feature and the images. Plus I never thought I was going to fill my 4 gig mini back when it came out... PFFFTT it was full in a month. so the next iPod I got was larger 30 gig.. which is almost full...

onlycodered

Formerly JSchwage
Website
www.grupenet.com
If all you're looking for is something to play audio, then all you need is the iPod nano. Although I personally would recommend buying a refurbished iPod Photo instead of an iPod nano since the iPod has the same functionality as the nano, but can have almost ten times the amount of space. I got my refurbished 30GB iPod Photo for only $149. Besides it being a bit bigger and heavier, I really like being able to have a ton of space for songs and file storage.

Nader172

t3h ul71m473 h4xX0r!!1!
If you don't want the video support or think its a waste of time to look at a small screen, get the nano.

Nanos are more portable, and you can they're great for doing everyday tasks. Do you run a lot or workout? 'Cause if you do, just get the nano.

If your the more lazy type of fellow and you just lounge around, then get the video.

bobb-mini

Insanely Sarcastic
U don't have to limit yourself to looking at the small screen. Purchase a cable and u can show Leann Rhimes concerts at your church's TV, looks good up to 27" am told.

kornchild2002

If all you want to do is listen to the Bible (which won't take up that much space since it will be in the speech format) or sermons (same as the Bible), then the 4GB should suffice. Granted, the Bible in the spoken word format may not take up that much space but it will probably quickly fill a 4GB nano. You may want to think about either getting the 5.5G 30GB iPod or a 2G 8GB nano. The unabridged copy of the Bible probably takes up around 2GB which would fill the 4GB nano up to the 1/2 way point.

The rule of thumb with technology (and iPods) is this: Always purchase the most that you can afford. If you don't, you will be making the same purchase 1-2 years later down the line. You could spend $199 on the 4GB nano but you will probably end up paying another $199 to purchase the next nano a year down the line. You could just go out and spend $299 now and save $100 instead of spending $400 for two different iPod nano models within a year.

paranoidxe

Video has the following advantages:
- larger capacity
- videos
- games
- larger screen

Also has the following disadvantages:
- HD Based means you can't be too rough with it
- Larger Unit

jlreynolds

Thanks to all of you who took time to respond to my inquiry.
As I pretty much know what I intend to use the player for and nothing new that the HD version can do was revealed to me I am going to go with the flash type unit.
I just haven't completely decided on the 4 gig or the 8 gig model.
Thanks again
James

paranoidxe

jlreynolds said:
Thanks to all of you who took time to respond to my inquiry.
As I pretty much know what I intend to use the player for and nothing new that the HD version can do was revealed to me I am going to go with the flash type unit.
I just haven't completely decided on the 4 gig or the 8 gig model.
Thanks again
James
If you are in doubt about the nano, go larger man it can't hurt if you are even thinking that the nano capacity of 4GB is not enough I'd just get the 8GB..would you rather spend $250 for the 8GB once or $200 for the 4GB then $250 later for the 8GB?