Western Digital WD TV HD Media Player

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Sparkee

Any body have experience using the Western Digital WD TV HD Media Player with an iPod?

It will use any external USB drive to play media on a TV. What I'm wondering is if it will read the files synced to an iPod normally using iTunes, not synced as files in disk mode. I don't care about playcounts or playlists, only if it can see the video files and play them off the iPod.

I still may pick one up for a family member any use thumb drives with videos on them for viewing. But I would still like to here some reviews.

mtondreo

Yes - you can drag the movie right out of itunes on to a usb drive and it will recognize and play it. The picture quality suffers quite a bit though. This probably depends on how you got the movie in there. I tried it with a "handbraked" movie from dvd. I really have not found a format this WD thing won't play yet. It is really pretty amazing.

Sparkee

What I was wondering is if the WD TV can read movie files that have been transferred to an iPod using iTunes. The files on the iPod are normally put into hidden folders by iTunes so the device may not be able to see them. I know the iPod can be set up as a hard drive but I'm wondering if movies synced to an iPod normally with iTunes can be read by the WD TV by connecting the USB sync cable.

Sparkee

Sorry, got to put this project on hold for awhile since the cash has to go for repairs to my recumbent trike a TerraTrike Zoomer Elite. Hit a curb messing up one of the front wheels, about $120 repair, the lose of some skin off the hand and a hurt pride.:shake: