Wedding Reception Music

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

weatherman

Señor Lounger
So I've hit upon this great strategy for collecting a playlist for my wedding reception: whenever I or my gf are listening to the iPod and we run across a dancable song that we like, we rate it 5 stars. Whenever we're listening to jazz that would work for the dining portion of the event, we rate it 4 stars. When I get back to my PC, I sort by rating and then pull everything in either category over to a playlist, which I will later adjust for order.

BUT the problem is that my music collection sucks for dance tunes. I'm not really that mainstream. I need more 80's and 90's dancable poprock, some oldies (for the oldies) and maybe even a little big-band. I'd like to structure the playlist to move from a classics/big band mix to an 80's mix to a 90's mix to a 00's mix, as the evening progresses.

I've looked around on iTunes for other people's playlists, but nothing really grabbed me as the perfect playlist. Can anyone here recommend a particular playlist or at least some crowd-pleasing singles that I can grab from iTunes?

MikeM

Retired
there must be collections of wedding dance music and/or collections of 80's and 90's music that would fit. Try searching Amazon and such for some of those various artist collections. use keywords like wedding or 80's or dance.

weatherman

Señor Lounger
Thanks -- I'll pm him and see what he played. It's so hard, what with different tastes and all...that's why I like "playlist shopping" on iTunes. It's pretty handy to be able to buy a 70-song set with just one click. If it's the right 70-song set, of course.

And yes, I know that there are collections. I guess I was asking more for particular suggestions from people who have done the ipod-reception-thing, or similar parties. I just don't really know that much dancable stuf! I mean, I know it when I hear it, but trying to find it is kinda a pain.

PS this is the fun part of wedding planning. :p

mretzak

Hello,

As was stated in this thread, I just used my iPod at my wedding reception. I passed on the info that weatherman was looking for through a PM, but I thought I'd post the link I gave him in case anyone else wants to do this and finds this thread on a search or something. Like weatherman, my music is for the most part not party music, so I found this site and got the majority of my ideas from there. Piece of cake! :D