WAV to AAC conversion

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

HiTekAlex

Does anyone know if Windows iTunes support WAV format? I have some uncompressed WAV files I would like to convert to AAC to be able to download to my iPod. But I can't seem to be able to add WAV to the Library, it doesn't seem to do anything.

Has anyone done this?

Zither

You should be able to add the files under Add Folder to the library. Then if you select the WAV files, and right click, there's an option to compress the files.

Z

HiTekAlex

Have you actually done this? I have attempted to add WAV files to the library via File/Add File to Library and File/Add Folder to Library, but the WAV's don't actually show up in the Library after that.

I suspect this has something to do with the lack of ID3 tagging inside of WAV files. But I don't think there is a way to tag WAV's.

Appreciate any futher input on this.

Zither

Yes, it works for me. I rip using EAC, and add the ripped folder to iTunes. There's no ID tags, so iTunes shows the filenames as the the track names.

I then tag the files in iTunes, and right click on the files to convert to AAC. This then creates the AAC files in the itunes directory. After it's finished I clear the WAV files out of iTunes so I only have the AAC version in iTunes.

Z