"Watch" folder stopped working after I switched .itl files - anyone else see this?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Code Monkey

"Watch" folder stopped working after I switched .itl files - anyone else see this?

As most probably know, one of the cooler additions to iTunes 9 was, at long last, a watch folder. Stick it on your "Send To" right click menu and there was a one click method for getting music into your iTunes library.

I'd been enjoying it since launch. Then yesterday I decided to create a second .itl file for a project I'm working on. Set that library up, switched back to my usual library .itl file and now the "Automatically Add to iTunes" watch folder no longer "watches".

Anyone else seen this? Anyone got any idea what might restore the behavior short of reinstalling iTunes 9 (which I'll probably try within the next 24 hours anyhow ;)).

EDIT: Never mind, just discovered why it stopped working. I'd never started a second library before and it seems the feature is pretty much worthless if you actually want two different library locations. The folder I set for the new lossless library replaced my settings for my regular library and so it was watching a different folder than I was sending music to (as well as adding music to the wrong folder when I did it manually).

Last edited: