WARNING: New Nano 1GB(others) Possible mass defect- Face not flat

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

eqblues

Blue since the 70's
larkbird said:
To second what Jeremy said, I think something needs to be changed here: either the name of the thread or the attitude some are taking towards this. This is not a defect but at most a very slight design change by Apple to alleivate some of the scratching problems (at the MOST!). So: It's not a defect. It's probably a good thing. RELAX.
It may not be a defect. Apple may have done it on purpose because of the scratching thing, but I STILL think it looks messed up and awful and Im VERY glad I saw this thread before getting the 1GB nano for my sister. If all new nanos come with this incredible new design "improvement" Ill be looking elswhere for a player.

p_boucher

mp3confused said:
It may not be a defect. Apple may have done it on purpose because of the scratching thing, but I STILL think it looks messed up and awful and Im VERY glad I saw this thread before getting the 1GB nano for my sister. If all new nanos come with this incredible new design "improvement" Ill be looking elswhere for a player.
Gawd IT IS NOT A DEFECT - this is too perfect to be a defect. Damn, go to your local electronic store and I garantee you won't even notice it. Stop being such freaking whiny babies about it!

Saying one won't buy a nano because of the new edges is one of the most ridiculous thing i've heard. Like it will impair how the ipod will play music :rolleyes: ...

Sorry, but this has to f*ckin stop.

Now on a more relax note the shuffleskins.de protectors is quite perfect with the new edges. Not too hard to apply though I'd probably do better the next time. At least the front is near perfect. It's so thin!

Last edited:

eqblues

Blue since the 70's
I dont know about you, but I like iPods for their LOOKS as much as for their performance and the pictures the thread starter took and posted were proof enough that the face of the new nanos has changed enough and in a way that doesnt please me at all, which is certainly reason enough for ME to steer clear from them.

I have a right to form my opinion and make a decision based on my taste anyway. I WILL check the nanos out at a store, but from what I saw on those pictures, Im doubtful Ill be buying one.

p_boucher

Dood, YOU can do what YOU want, but the pics on the original post shows a nano with ONE BRAND of screen protectors. I returned 2 boxwave because they were showing the same behavior, but take a look at shuffleskins.de in their photo and video sections, that's now how my new design nano looks like.

Anyways, sorry it wasn't directed directly and only at you and I was a bit harsh. I'm just tired of people shooting at Apple for almost nothing. They give us lots of real thing to shoot at them for.

Anyways, go and take a good look. It's nothing. You just have to choose the right brand of protective film.

eqblues

Blue since the 70's
I agree that Apple gives costumers more to worry and complain about than a little dent or "lip" around a nanos face, but man, they messed with perfection on this one.

flashbackz

i wouldn't necessarily say this should keep you from buying a nano..... hell, i even ended up keeping mine

the pictures are sorta exagerated.. you can't feel the indentation at all and you would never notice it unless you were looking carefully for it under the correct lighting conditions

the ONLY real disadvantage of this "change" or whatever it is, is that you cannot use the Crystal Film anymore, gotta use something else

TheLastSession

Website
www.myspace.com
I think some people on here have not realized that there is a POWER SUPPORT sheild on that iPod. That is not what the actual iPod looks like.

Common sense...

p_boucher

TheLastSession said:
I think some people on here have not realized that there is a POWER SUPPORT sheild on that iPod. That is not what the actual iPod looks like.

Common sense...
+1

Here's what the new ipod looks like (property of shuffleskins.de). Note that they probably had to play a lot with lightning to get this effect because you don't feel it to the touch. Their skin are quite incredible actually as it sticks completely to the nano even with these new edges.

Attachments

Last edited: