Volume Logic plug-in

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

bordeaaj

I found this plug-in in a magazine, it might be kind of useful:

http://www.octiv.com/index.asp?content=iTunes_Data_Sheet

Volume Logic iTunes Plug-in for Real-time Digital Remastering

Volume Logic is the first audio plug-in available for iTunes. It improves the quality of your listening experience by digitally remastering your audio in real-time with the same technology used by the pros. The Volume Logic plug-in incorporates a state-of-the-art 5-band dynamics processor that examines and corrects your audio thousands of times a second. The result? Low levels are intelligently raised and loud signals are kept under control, all in real-time. Anything playing in iTunes will be digitally remastered for consistent volume level and spectral balance. Volume Logic brings ALL your cuts to life.

MikeM

Retired
I've been using it for a long, since the beta. It is great. I listen to iTunes for 6-8 hours every day at work and can't imagine not having it.

I turn it off occassionally just to remind myself why I bought it! :)

nyahmedny

Wow. It's an awesome plugin. Price is definately expensive though! iTunes = free. Plugin = $20. I think I might have to buy it anyway.

elbandido

sounded promising, so I downloaded the trail version right away. but I was disappointed when I tried it. :( this plug-in boosts gain and adds way to much reverb. imho, this plug-in ruins the sound quality of my precise ripped & encoded music collection.

bordeaaj

MikeM said:
If you listen to iTunes a lot, its worth every cent...
I agree with MikeM, esp now that I have used VolumeLogic for several months. It really makes a difference in how songs sound and flow together while playing through playlists, etc. No more fiddling with volume controls and equalizer every other song. As far as reverb goes that is easily adjusted to suit your taste with a single click of the mouse. I suspect most of us have precisely ripped and encoded music collections. I also suspect that many of us have upgraded sound systems to listen to them with. It is very well known that music recordings vary in how they are recorded. I also know that many albums are intentionally recorded with carefully placed areas of quiet and loudness and that to get the right "album feel?" you can always listen to those types of albums in their singular context by turning off VolumeLogic. But, put your favorite songs from who knows how many artists from who knows how many different cds and from other sources such as iTunes, Kazaa, etc into a single playlist and you will hear glaring differences in volume and spectral balance from song to song. These differences in volume, etc are only MAGNIFIED if you have "precisely ripped and encoded" your music library. Not only this, but the differences become ever more obnoxiously apparent as the quality of the sound system and speakers increases. VolumeLogic is based on the same technology used by professional recording and broadcasting studios to actively eliminate these differences without changing your music files themselves. Recording studios invest tens of thousands of dollars to rerelease entire catalogs of digitally remastered music using this sort of technology. I wholeheartedly agree with MikeM that to do the same thing with your own library for only $20 is worth every penny.

Last edited: