• iLounge and the Discussion Forums are read by people in countries all over the world. The legality of DVD-to-iPod ripping will vary based on your country of residence. iLounge does not in any way endorse violation of the valid rights of copyright holders, and strongly recommends that you consult your country's copyright and fair use laws before copying any video content.

Videora Settings

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

jamesus

Hello all,

I am new to the world of converting videos, so please bear with me. I have tried a few different programs with a varying degree of success. I have tried using Videora and I have found that the batch processing is a great option, but each time that I try to import the videos, I am unable to transfer them to the iPod. I have read a few of the posts here and I am confused as to how the settings should be. I have tried playing around with the settings, but my lack of knowledge has prevented me from correctly applying the settings.

Can someone please post how to correctly change the settings?

Thank you for your time.

ClydeFrog

I am having the same problems with the videora ipod converter, it convertsit, but when i drag it to my Ipod it selects it and goes to my Ipod, but it doesn't actually go into my ipod. I have managed to get one Digg.com podcast on it but don't remeber on the desktop it shows up as an itunes file and the ones that don't work are quicktime

dwhoward

The biggest thing with Videora is to make sure your settings are SP/320x240/768kbps Stereo 128 kbps.

The H264 would work in iTunes but would not transfer to the iPod.

Let us know if that works for you.

jamesus

My options do not have SP/320x240/768kbps Stereo 128 kbps as a choice, rather MPEG/320x240/768kbps Stereo 128 kbps, and these settings do not work. Is there a newer version than 0.8.1?

twentythree

sp and mpeg4 are the same thing, it's just renamed in the 0.8.1 version of videora. the file with your settings should work just fine. do you have problems dragging the video on the ipod or is it already on the ipod and you just cant play it? (remember that the ipod needs around 4 seconds before a video starts to play, before that you just get a black screen)

jamesus

The video imports into iTunes with no problems and it transfers to the ipod with no problems, but it does not play on the ipod. I let it play for about 15 minutes or so before I gave up on it.