• iLounge and the Discussion Forums are read by people in countries all over the world. The legality of DVD-to-iPod ripping will vary based on your country of residence. iLounge does not in any way endorse violation of the valid rights of copyright holders, and strongly recommends that you consult your country's copyright and fair use laws before copying any video content.

videora help avi to mpeg4

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

sparkky

I am trying to convert video clips from my camera - canon sd400 - which are 2 minute avi films using videora. I covert the video and it appears as an mpeg4 in my videora programs file but when I click play, the sound only comes through. There is no video. Can someone help me with this, please?

Also, how do I move the video to my ipod once I get this thing to work?

Thank you.

tintin

Apple since 1983 baby
Make sure you're using the latest (0.9) version of Videora. I found the earlier versions would not do my Canon AVI files (s230 and Powershot S1) - audio only like you.

0.9 seems to have fixed it. I just used it to encode a video I took today - no problem.

you can also que videos to convert - while one is converting add another by hitting the 'Transcode new video' button - keep doing it and they'll que up in the converter. I wish I could simply select a bunch to convert, but this does the trick.

sparkky

My version is .81. How do I upgrade? Also, ipod Media Studio worked like a charm but it's expensive.

tintin

Apple since 1983 baby
Just download the latest from www.videora.com

Yeah, the Makayama software seems to work perfectly too. Keep in mind the trial version will do 3 minutes of each video, so you might be in luck. It will work for 90% of my videos, but I have a 6GB microdrive in my S1 that allows me to take LONG clips (50 minutes at MiniDV quality) so I'm still hunting for the perfect software.

tintin

Apple since 1983 baby
iPod media studio seems to have worked where Videora failed - a few of my AVI's still didn't work under Videora, nor did my Bourne Identity DVD rip. Media Studio seems to have nailed them all perfectly.

Videora did a great job with the entire Star Wars trilogy however, and is free... so I'm torn!

Last edited: