Video synch and playback capabilities

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

MikeM

Administrator
First, I'm concerned by this from Apple's site:

"Buy music videos and TV shows from the iTunes Music Store and sync them to your iPod, or use QuickTime 7 Pro to export your home movies to iTunes for syncing."

I can't imagine they'd require QT Pro to get movies onto your iPod but then Apple is known for locking people into their system.

Second, for playback, I see that 480x480 is the largest size the iPod supports. Is that the largest the iPod can display on my tv? I'm not too excited if it doesn't fill my tv screen...

FiddYNick

I know this may be a dumb question but, What can be played on this will any format work? Can we put full length movies?..Is there limit per file?

Thanks In advance,
Nick

MikeM

Administrator
Apple's site mentioned two formats that it supports. There didn't seem to be any size restriction- full length movies should be possible.

B. W.

Again, I'll be posting a tutorial on how to convert video files for use on the iPod (although I too am dissapointed with the iPod's video support, which I mentioned back when this was all speculation).

Can't have everything. :(

Last edited: