video podcast error message - help!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

a7dk

I have an 80gb video ipod. Although it plays everything else fine, including video files, some video podcasts do not seem to be supported. After I download them to Itunes, I try to sync and get an error message that says "these files were not copied to ipod because your ipod does not support video." Clearly, my ipod supports video files and it plays some video podcasts. I have fully restored the ipod and reinstalled itunes, which did not help. Anybody have any ideas?
THanks!

a7dk

well I think I've discovered that some podcasts are not playable on Ipod, and it depends on the file type, or RSS feed or something. Can anyone verify this, and/or tell me if there's a way to determine if the file will be supported before downloading it?

thanks!

Sparkee

Not all video podcasts are iPod compatible just because they are downloaded through iTunes. It is up to the podcasters to provide the proper format. Check the podcaster's web site for a link to an iPod compatible feed. Also send them an email for an iPod compatible feed, if they receive enough requests they may add one.