Video from iPhone 4 to my PC - need help!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

rfaison

So the good news is that the iPhone 4 shoots HD video. I have a large handful now which I can watch on the phone. The bad news is that I'm having trouble getting them to my computer (a Dell laptop running XP).

The iPhone manual is very unhelpful saying only something like "PC: Follow the instructions that came with your photo application" ...

I've tried copying the files directly from the iPhone to the PC with mixed results, there are several files that wouldn't copy, or that copied but show 0 mb for the file size (one of them, the one I want most, is over 1GB according to explorer).

Thanks in advance for your guidance here.
Ruth

durrson

Website
www.tomrobson.com
I'll ask an obvious question, but it's important to get it out of the way..

When attempting to transfer the video from the iPhone, are you doing the following:

• iPhone plugged into PC with the USB cable
  • Open "my Computer"
  • Open "[iPhone device name]" and navigate to Pics/Vid folder
  • Drag files from above location to your PC
---Then the video should be in your PC..

I presume you've done this already because you said you've moved them directly from the iPhone to the PC but wanted to be sure..

If you've done the above try using a different USB socket, if that don't work, try a different cable (see if you borrow a pal's)

If you have a dodgy cable or dodgy usb socket, it could be that the device connects fine, but disconnects after a while which messes up the transfer. - You could also try transferring the large files one at a time if you haven't already.

There are other (jailbroken) ways to transfer pix and vids but I wouldn't recommend JB'ing for the sole purpose of transferring vids.

One last thing, if you've done a sync with iTunes, chances are you have the content embedded in your back up file located on your computer. You could get a backup extractor to retrieve the files this way?

rivertrek

I was having the same issues with my video transfers and finally figured out what I needed to do to transfer the larger video files.

If you go to the microsoft website and update your files to the most current versions, this helps. I found out that my dot NET 2.0 framework files were out of date. Once updated, I no longer timed out on my transfers.

Also copytrans had a photo/video transfer program that worked for me too. It's a trial, then costs $$. So I recommend going the microsoft update way, it's free.

HTH,
Jim