Video "chapters" for the iPod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Larathydo

I was just curious...

I am aware that Apple released tools that allow Podcasters to create podcasts with a "slideshow" ability (if you are using a 4G iPod with color screen and above) and the ability to define "Chapters" in a podcast - like an audiobook so you only choose one file to play initially on the ipod, instead of having multiple files divided up into different chapters for one podcast.

Well, I was wondering if this was possible with Video Podcasts (Same idea, fast forwarding through a Video Podcast by using chapters) and more importantly, user created videos.

Say for example, I wanted to rip my movie "Lords of Dogtown". I've actually successfully riped it using some guides i've found, as well as added it to iTunes. But, the video is one continueous movie. Is there any way to devide the movie into chapters (but seen as one logical file/video to select and play on the iPod?).

Also, i was wondering if this is why FF/Rewind hasen't been implemented into the latest iPod. Perhaps (if what i am asking isnt possible) apple will release a firmware update to the iPods that designates the FF/Rewind buttons to skip chapters and such.

Anyway, any ideas anyone?