Very Old Podcasts Being Downloaded

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

~JPV~

I recently installed iTunes on my PC and used a backup of my iTunes folder onto an external hard drive. While at first it worked fine, tonight I tried refreshing my podcasts and old podcasts (from like 2+ years ago) are downloading. For now I adjusted to options to stop downloads and can manually add ones but need to know how I can get it to automatically just download new ones. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the iTunes files being on an external HD but not sure where to go now.

Further, one podcast, all the episodes are duplicated.

Curious to know how I can maybe delete all of the podcasts and just start over. Is there some file I can delete that will wipe the podcasts out?

Last edited:

cjmnews

Staff member
Podcasts are tricky to deal with when restoring iTunes. I stopped using iTunes for podcasts because their podcast app was too difficult to use and keep in sync. I use Overcast app instead.

You can delete a Podcast from iTunes and re-add it. This will have the effect of removing all episodes and starting fresh.

You should be able to select the entire podcast in iTunes and tap the Delete or Backspace key on the keyboard.

iTunes may ask if you want to send the episodes to the Recycle Bin, answer yes to remove the files.

Adding the podcast back though the iTunes Store or direct URL will start the feed back up again.