Various Artists?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

bigjohnny7

Hi guys. I wonder if you can help...

I've not had any problems with my iTunes library until recently when I moved it over to a different drive (as I was running out of space on the C drive).

When I did this, I must have accidently reset something as now when I have albums by various artists (compliations and soundtracks), they are listed by artist name (so 1 album will be split up throughout my library (does this make sense?).

Previously, when iTunes was in it's original location, it would recognise this and the album would appear at the bottom of my library and the album would be listed as, for example, "Pulp Fiction Original Soundtrack, Various Artists".

Sometimes it wouldn't do this automatically so I would just edit the album information so 'compilation' showed as 'yes'.

Now, even this won't work. I'm sure there's a really easy way of doing this.

I know it's not really 'end of the world' stuff, but it's just slightly annoying.:p

Any ideas?

bigjohnny7

Thanks but I've tried that and it still doesn't work when I sort by artist.

Any other ideas?

studogvetmed

Website
www.vandeventers.com
Ah, The problem is you are sorting by artist.

If you sort by artist it will do it in alphabetical order by artist. You have to sort by Album get it to do what you want it to do.

Click on the album list a couple of time to get it to sort by "album by artist" and then it should first sort by artist, then album and get it to do what you want it to do!