• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

Using your ipod @ school

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

tiki_god

Website
www.goveg.com
While the ipod is great for music entertainment purposes it's uses can also be applied to school. So post your uses for your ipod at school: whether it's middle school, high school, college, or maybe you teach, post your uses here.
Mine:
1. audible.com's free 9/11 comission hearings have been a great tool for some of my AE classes.
2. audible.com's free everest audio now has my whole science class as listeners thanks to my ipod! we have weekly disscusions on it!
3. In Language Arts classes instead of reading a book for a report, i listen to it.
4. the istory creater ()has helped me write little 'pratice quizes' featuring questions for an upcoming test.
5. I am trying to get some sort of 'how to learn french' audio onto my ipod, anyone know of a place i could get this cheap or even free (will be used for french class i plan on taking).
6. Working on figuring a way to take recorded notes of classes and puting them on my ipod.

NothingFace

I bring it everyday. I just listen to it after school because sometimes I walk home from school.

krzymono

Wow, those are many ways you use the ipod. I use the ipod only for listening purposes as well. Music is really the only thing that can get my mind off the stressful school stuff. If I'm not listening to the teacher or taking notes, I usually have my ipod on. I listen to music every chance I get. The ipod really is something I use very frequently. It's an important part of my school life.

smjr15

student member
i dont take mine to school yet buti am going to start takingwhen i get on that dam bus (theres some stupid kid that thinks he is so cool with his minidisc player)

ssjtrunks585

Geek with an iPod...
smjr15 said:
i dont take mine to school yet buti am going to start takingwhen i get on that dam bus (theres some stupid kid that thinks he is so cool with his minidisc player)
lol, you'll show him up for sure...and if you don't, the rest of the bus is stupid. Minidiscs were kind of a dumb idea if you ask me...oh, I bring mine to school everyday and listen during breaks (and sometimes i just put my head down and position the headphones near my ears and listen during class :) )

Veasey

Elite Member
i listen before school and after. My math teacher and my 6th grade teacher both have ipods, so in math, I enjoy him talking about his ipod and him playing music from it during class!

viewsonic

I love useing my iPod at school during school. My only worry is when i'm in gym. I can't wear it in gym(it might fall out :S) and i'm scared that it will get jacked if I put it in my locker so I usually don't bring it to school when I have gym which is every second day and luckly thats the day when I have all the classes that don't let me use my ipod. French. Gym, History and Civics.

electic

Hi I'm a junior a PV High, and my iPod has saved my ### countless times. Its great for holding notes that arent allowed on tests, like in my trigonometry class where you have o memorize EVERYTHING. I just recently finished The Great Gatsby,which i purchased from audible, for english 3. And a big chunk of my notes section is from sparknotes.com. So basically i'm getting a 3.8 GPA thanks to my iPod.

Nicholas

Karma Owner
I only use it before and after school. My school has a strict policly on walkmans or anything with headphones. I almost got my iPod taken away for a week for having it out during school hours. I had to pay him $1 as a bribe. :D

KoMaN

such great heights
Website
www.stereopoint.com
I live in Melbourne, and at school for English we had to write a letter to the editor on an issue for one part of the assesment tasks.

I was running out of time, so what I did was when I got home I wrote out the letter then recorded it with a mic and put it on my iPod. Then I memorised it off by heart. I know, its but pathetic but it worked. And plus, because I wrote it at home it was several times better then if I had wrote it in class underpressure, and without a thesaraus, and whatnot.

But mostly I use it in my free periods or if I walk home.

Sypher

transmissions94
Website
www.undergroundhiphop.com
I take mine to school everyday, in most of my lessons we're allowed to listen to music, just depends on how nice the teacher is. I used mine to revise for my German Speaking exam.. recorded the things I would have to say onto the iPod and listened to them over and over again. I want to get that recorder thing to attach to it, so I can record lectures.
That iStory quiz thing sounds like a great idea too tiki.. I'm going to d/l it now.

sway

I'm getting there...
Website
www.livejournal.com
I'm not allowed to use my iPod during most of my classes, but inbetween classes, at lunch, during study hall and during art is when I do use it!

pagoodle

electic said:
Hi I'm a junior a PV High, and my iPod has saved my ### countless times. Its great for holding notes that arent allowed on tests, like in my trigonometry class where you have o memorize EVERYTHING. I just recently finished The Great Gatsby,which i purchased from audible, for english 3. And a big chunk of my notes section is from sparknotes.com. So basically i'm getting a 3.8 GPA thanks to my iPod.
lol! that's the exact reason my school doesn't allow headphones during a test... im in high school and I can use my iPod when we have time to work in Math, Physics and Bio class, and definitely on the way home on the bus. I just received my iPod yesterday, and we're on spring break, so I can't wait to bring it to school.

mshell

Just a quick question to everyone who brings their iPod to school. Do any of your fellow students ask to hold and touch it? And if so, do you let them? lol, just curious.

Or do you even make it noticable that you have an iPod with you?

tiki_god

Website
www.goveg.com
good question mshell....i have been asked by people if they can though/listen to my ipod and at first i was very touchy with this question....i had all these worries about it falling/etc. ....i ususaly hold the ipod but let them touch/listen to it....you never can be to careful....they don't know the emotions i have attached to my ipod.

Sypher

transmissions94
Website
www.undergroundhiphop.com
Just a quick question to everyone who brings their iPod to school. Do any of your fellow students ask to hold and touch it? And if so, do you let them? lol, just curious.

Or do you even make it noticable that you have an iPod with you?
Most of my listening at school is done with another person listening through one of the headphones.. I gotta get that headphone splitter that allows you to plug two in.
I let people hold it and use it.. it doesnt usually attract that much attention. Except in one Chemistry lesson, when I let one person use it, sat down to talk to someone.. looked up after 5 minutes and saw everyone gathering around her trying to look at it.
And another friend loves playing the games (dunno why they're kinda boring).. so she always borrows it to play the Music Quiz