Using Nano with Windows Vista?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

BlueSandpiper

Hello,

I just got a new iPod Nano 7th generation as an upgrade to my Shuffle 4th generation. I currently have iTunes v. 11.3.1.2 running on Wndows Vista. I downloaded the current version of iTunes but it won't install because it requires Windows 7 or higher. The Nano isn't recognized on my current version of iTunes. Is there any way to use the Nano with Windows Vista other than upgrading to Windows 7?

Last edited:

cjmnews

Staff member
Nope. There is no way around it.

You're stuck.

BlueSandpiper

Is there a way to move my library from my iTunes on Windows Vista to the most current version on iTunes that is on a different computer that runs on Windows 7?

cjmnews

Staff member
Yes. Assuming all your music is in the default location under the iTunes folder, just back up the iTunes folder on the old system and restore it to the new one. You can find many posts on this topic.

BlueSandpiper

I also asked on another board and someone there is able to use a Nano 7th generation bought this year on Windows Vista using iTunes version 11.0.1.12 as well as on Windows 10 and iTunes 11.1.5.5 :confused: The person does get a notification to upgrade iTunes but he / she always declines it and the Nano still syncs and works just fine.