Using Ibooks and saving pages

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

murphzmom

I am using Ibooks for the 1st time on my Ipad mini and every time I finish reading a portion of my book and exit out and when I go to start reading again my book is right back at the beginning, it will not start off at the page I last read, how can I fix this.

Thanks!!

cjmnews

Staff member
Are you terminating the iBooks app? (double tap the Home button and swipe up)
That would make it start over. Avoiding that would help.

Your other option would be to use the bookmark feature that survives the termination of the app and will synchronize across devices. Tap on the page, then tap on the ribbon shaped object in the top right corner.

This will make it open to the last bookmark created next time you open the book.

murphzmom

I tap the page and hit the bookmark and nothing happens at all, this is what frustrates me. If I actually go to the 1st page of the book and do it the bookmark will turn red so it will only bookmark that page. I did notice at the bottom of the page where it tells you what page you are reading in blue in the lower left corner it says back to page 2. I am not sure what that means and if it would have anything to do with my problems.

cjmnews

Staff member
Are you reading it in landscape mode? On my iPad, that shows the odd page on the left and the even on the right. The bookmark would then be placed on the odd page, then your behavior seems normal as it opened on the same pages as you were viewing at the time.

In portrait mode, I get 1 page and the bookmark on the page I tapped and selected the bookmark. Make sure the bookmark turns red.

I am not a big fan of iBooks. I find it is too slow to render orientation changes, open documents, and efficiently manage documents. I really like the Kindle app which seems to behave the way you want iBooks to follow. But I think the bookmarks should make it work the way you want.