Using an iTunes Giftcard

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Pghmyn

Well, for my birthday, I have recieved an iTunes giftcard for $15 from a friend. Now, I know that $15 does not come out even in songs worth $0.99 and I was wondering, what happens to the money left over? The few extra pennies that are left over after you buy as many songs/items as you can from the card.

Thanks guys :) First time for me with this card...

anypats

The credit will remain in your account. You can add more money to your account with a credit card. I'm not sure with an iTunes account but I know some gift cards if not used in a certain amount of time they start to deduct $1 per month until the balance is $0. Most of them don't start taking money out after at least one year if not longer. Again, I'm not sure if iTunes does anything like this at all. The credit may sit there indefinitely.

chippe01

If you have an odd amount of money left over, it will count toward any purchases you might make. For instance, if you have 29 cents left over, and purchase a song for 99 cents, they will deduct the 29 cents, and you will be billed for the remaining 70 cents.

I've gotten many iTunes gift certificates, and this is what happened. I'm not sire about them deducting aything if not used, though. That wouldn't seem right. But then again, stores do this all the time with gift cards.