• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

Used CD sales....

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

pohatu771

A Bit Outdated
It's ridiculous. I don't sell any of my CDs, but I might want to buy a particularly hard-to-find CD if it's in a store, used. Not that they'll be available much longer.

It's moves like these, largely because of record companies, that make me (being a musician) wish more people would stay independent. With the Internet, distribution is easier than ever.

Some of the sellers at Amazon have stores located in those states and sell used CD's, DVD's & games. Some businesses sell on ebay also.

melsmusic

I'm so glad I live in OZ where we have some stupid laws, but we pay no attention to them.

But seriously, unless they never want to make a title out of print, that is pretty stupid. So you can't get it new as it's out of print, or 2nd hand so where do you go? I'd say it would force non p2p users to seriously reconsider that.

papayaninja

Better Than Cats
Website
www.google.com
melsmusic said:
But seriously, unless they never want to make a title out of print, that is pretty stupid. So you can't get it new as it's out of print, or 2nd hand so where do you go? I'd say it would force non p2p users to seriously reconsider that.
Or current p2p users to use it a lot more.

jwc110869

Technology made me fat
You know I'm sure Florida really thought this through. This will definately help prevent music piracy..................:shake: