usb not charging ipod?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

DXiRoNMaN

i've had the 5th gen since it came out and it's been problem free until a week ago. i hadn't used it for awhile and the battery was down so i plug it in, transfer some songs and then all of a sudden it starts beeping and says there's no more battery power. i plug it into the Dlo dock to find all of my songs erased. i let it charge in the dock for awhile then plugged it back into the computer (which wouldn't recognize it for some reason).
i had to restore and now it's being recognized and working fine EXCEPT that the usb isn't charging it!!!!!! i plug it in and the battery icon indicates it IS charging but when i disconnect it's run all the way down! it's being used in the same computer with the same usb port(s) as before. anyone know what's going on here?

manuel

sounds like a faulty battery. My mini was fully charged, an hour later it displayed "no more power on battery" and said to plug it to charge. Try charging it with a AC source, not your computer and see if it works.

If theres an apple store near you try going there to clear things out.

Good luck

DXiRoNMaN

ya when i charge it with the DLo dock it works fine. and it's not the computer's usb port because it's charging my Xbox 360 control. but the ipod, when it's plugged in is definately not charging and it drains the battery quickly that way. when i disconnect the ipod (but leave it connected with the usb) the charging icon doesn't come up.