Upgrading iPod ... A few questions.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

iMan

Hi Guys, A bit of help required here ...

A friend has offered to buy my 30G iPod, and as I only have 2.8 Gig of free space left, I am tempted to sale it and upgrade to a 40G.

When I first got the 30G, I used Musicmatch to rip / transfer, later I moved to MC9 but only used it to rip and still used Musicmatch to transfer. The idea was to redo my entire collection with MC9 / Lame (alt-preset standard) and synchronize the iPod with MC9. This didn't happened as I never got to redo the stuff first encoded with Musicmatch. :(

I have MC9, Musicmatch, and Xplay installed on my PC, what I wish to do is save a copy of all the mp3's from the 30G to the PC, import them to MC9, so I can transfer them into the new 40G when I get it and hopefully the result will be the same as what I have now but with 12.8 Gig of free space and the iPod synchronized with MC9.

The only problem is I haven't got a clue how to do it all ... :eek:

I hope all this make sense and look forward to any comment / suggestion.

TIA

iMan

ashawley

Website
www.
Very simple. OK, the music on the iPod was uploaded with MMJB right?

Here's the easiest way:

1. Connect the iPod
2. Open it in My Computer
3. Open the hidden ipod_control folder.
4. Copy the Music folder to your PC, doesn't matter where
5. Launch MC9
6. Import all the tunes from the Music folder you downloaded into MC9's library
7. Highlight all the songs you imported, right-click, select "Library Tools>Rename Files From Properties".
8. On the dialog that opens, set your Base Directory (e.g. "My Music"), your Directory Rule (e.g. Artist/Album) and your file naming convention (e.g. Artist - Album - Track# - Name.mp3).
9. Click OK.

MC9 will rename (essentially moving) the files from the random structure they are in now into nicely organized folders and sub-folders for you.

Adam

iMan

Many Thanks for the prompt reply Adam, Much appreciated !!! :)

iMan