Upgrade to MC9.1271 = Disaster

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Stensvaag

Law Prof
Website
soli.inav.net
Hmmm. Been a registered owner of MC 9 for many months. Crazy about it. But I've encountered a disaster moving from the MC 9 - 262 beta to the "final" versions now being released. Both 269 and 271 have given me fits. I should have just stayed with 262 and been a happy camper.

First symptom: all the synching seems great, but MC9 can find NO songs or Playlists on the iPod. Weird, because initially all those songs were still showing up on the iPod, although the Playlists were getting weird (some blank, some missing, etc.). No amount of tinkering resolved this problem. I installed the older 262, and same symptom.

I then told MC9 to Initialize the iPod (creaming all the songs on it), and then told it to synch my favorite Playlists (24 Gigs to a 30 Gig iPod). It took more than an hour of course, and initially looked sweet, because now MC 9 COULD "see" the songs on the iPod. The Playlists on the iPod itself, however, were odd again, including a blank playlist.

I thought, what the heck, just synch again. Bad idea. The songs are obviously all on the iPod, because the space is all taken up, but MC9 on the PC side again cannot see any songs. (I do not have any filter on.) On the PC side, the Playlists displayed for the iPod are blank (i.e., unnamed). Oh oh. Can't be good.

I go to the iPod itself. Nada. Can't find any songs by browsing. No Playlists but On-the-Go. But all that space is obviously taken up.

Something is not right here with these latest builds. I don't know why other users are not encountering this, and I know the JRiver folks are tops, but this has got me singing the blues . . .

sifi

Franco Unamerican
Website
www.str8away.com
had that too dude

wasted about 4 days trying to get it to work with mc9.1 and have now gone back to ephpod. once a reliable build is up i might switch but since i don't intend to sync too often i think i'll stick with the eph.

ashawley

Website
www.
Moving from an old build (.262) to a new build you really need to start with a clean iPod as Steve has made changes to the way he writes to the iPod's database I believe.

If you're not keen on doing that, the next best thing is to try the Rebuild iPod Database option (right-click iPod).

That takes 10 minutes or so and should fix any problems. After that, do a quick sync to get the playlists on--it'll be a fast sync though since the tunes are already on there.

Adam