Update Firmware File Corrupt??? help!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

imullarney

I am trying to update my ipod to 1.2 and i get the error "The iPod "ipod name" Could not be updated because the firmware file was corrupt" What do i need to do??

Thanks for your help

gk17

Uninstall iTunes and restart the computer. Install it back and see if you can update the firmware now. If it says something about not having an internet connection also, take a look here.

imullarney

am i really missing out on anything by having 1.1 insted or 1.2 because my ipod words fine now. Should i just uninstall itunes anyway and do it or can it be until there is a major upgrade?

imullarney

What are the differences for 1.1 and 1.2 and is it just going to be a waste of my time to do this insted of just leavint it as is? or am i potentally causing a problem by not changing?

gk17

I recommend waiting until there are less problems reported. Don't get me wrong though. Many have upgraded and don't have problems, but there are also that do have problems after upgrading.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it" The same applies here. The major updates are only giving you a "brighter screen" and search feature. Those are the main ones from what I gather. I didn't get a chance to play with it on my video iPod yet, but will do so when I get time.