Unzip, Add to iTunes, delete from Downloads, add Grouping to ID3?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

dozens

I'm trying to have an Applescript that can be used as a Folder Action to:

1) Watch the Downloads folder and open .zip and .rar archives.
2) Parse the then unarchived folder for .mp3 files and if found then add them to iTunes.
3) Add 'album' to their Grouping field.
4) Then delete original folder of .mp3s from Downloads folder.

Bonus points if the script adds the .mp3s to iTunes in descending order based on file name track numbers if they exist. Examples: "02_Song_Name.mp3" or "02 Song Name.mp3".

Meaning they would be added like: track 10, track 9, track 8, track 7, track 6, and so on. Reason for this is that I listen to my iTunes library sorted by Date Added.

I'm dead in the water on this, can anyone help me? Thank you!

brehob

Sounds like a shell script to me

I could probably do this with a shell script without too much trouble. The folder action might be tricky, but perhaps the script could BE the folder action. Looking through .zip files, extracting .mp3s, and adding them to iTunes (simple as 'open' command) shouldn't be too difficult with a shell script.

If you're relatively familiar with the shell (Terminal) I could probably set you up. If you want to stay with AppleScript only, though, this would be over my head.

Let me know if you want me to post something that would probably work.

dozens

I unfortunately have only used Terminal a handful of times, so that's probably not a great idea for me to do. Let me know if you come up with anything! Thank you!