Unlocking iPhone ?s

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

bootsie

I really want an iPhone, but I do not want change from T-mobile to AT&T. I know that there are a bunch of threads about this, but I could find the answers to some of my questions.

So here are my questions...

1. What does unlocking do to the warranty?

2. Will the phone/internet stuff work exactly the same with T-mobile as it does with AT&T?

3. If I get an unlimited T-mobile data plan can I get on the internet anywhere like I can with AT&T?

4. Do widgets and those kind of features still work?

5. Is it possible to go to an Apple store and buy an iPhone without having, or getting an AT&T contract?

deftdrummer1

The power that be.
1. Unlocking your iphone voids the 1 year factory warranty from Apple
2. I assume internet functions would work the same, but not 100% sure
3. Again, unsure. Check T-mobile forums to see what users are saying.
4. They should work fine, if not off GSM then surely Wi-Fi
5. Yes, iphone comes in a box and itunes activates it with AT&T. You should look into unlocking and jailbreaking for use on alternate networks.

AvalenCy

I have a similar situation, as I have T-Mobile.

I have a Sidekick 3, and the plan that comes along with that. I think I've read that the Sidekick's plan will not work with the iPhone. So, I was just wondering what plans would work to where you can have unlimited internet and texting/AIM with the iPhone. I'm just wondering if there is anything special needed considering the iPhone would be used.

QnZXTrYcE

bootsie said:
I really want an iPhone, but I do not want change from T-mobile to AT&T. I know that there are a bunch of threads about this, but I could find the answers to some of my questions.

So here are my questions...

1. What does unlocking do to the warranty?

2. Will the phone/internet stuff work exactly the same with T-mobile as it does with AT&T?

3. If I get an unlimited T-mobile data plan can I get on the internet anywhere like I can with AT&T?

4. Do widgets and those kind of features still work?

5. Is it possible to go to an Apple store and buy an iPhone without having, or getting an AT&T contract?
1. Unlocking voids the warranty but you can easily re-lock your iPhone in case something happens.

2. If you use T-mobile, visual voicemail will not work but regular voicemail will. Also, the internet will work the same.

3. Yes

4. Yes

5. Yes

I can help you with anything regarding the iPhone, just Email me at: [email protected]