Uninstall Internet Explorer

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

R32_Nakazato

d[^_^]b
Website
www.cardomain.com
I switched to Mozilla Firefox a while ago. I switched because IE was too prone to pop ups. With firefox I can control pop ups and have had no problem with it for about 6 months now. However I still am getting pop ups that are opening with IE. Its a real pain in the ###. IE is the worst #### ever!! I thought I removed internet explorer awhile ago, apparently not. Every pop up that comes up has Internet Explorer writen at the top. Please help me rid myself of this scourge. Thanks.

Dropkick715

I did the same thing you did. You cant remove IE from Windows. I use ultimate popup blocker and system clean and I never get any popups. Just go to download.com to get it or any other popup blocker.

Tiketti

I'd say you have on your computer some spyware/adware which opens all those pop-ups. Download Ad-Aware (it's free) and check your computer with it.

I believe you can completely remove IE from your computer, but it can be a bit of a struggle, and probably not the cause of your problem.

If you like Firefox, you might also like the free Opera browser. Highly customizable, reliable, fast, kills pop-ups etc.

Last edited:

R32_Nakazato

d[^_^]b
Website
www.cardomain.com
Thanks for the responses, Ill try ad aware and opera. Ive been using spybot search and destroy but im still getting pop ups with it. Even when I end IE process it still comes back after a few minutes. :( Thanks again

agentphish

http://www.download.com/HijackThis/3000-8022-10227352.html?tag=lst-0-1

Get that. its a program called Hijack This! it detects browser hijacks.
run it and paste its output here I can tell you what to get rid of.

Also ad-aware is a good idea as well... also you can try out NOD32 antivirus from www.NOD32.com its remarkable. WORLDS BETTER than norton or mcafee or anything else i've ever tested. Found trojans on 5 machines Symantec/Norton never ever caught.
You could have downloader trojans that are causing this problem.

If you have questions don't hesitate to AIM me.

Good Luck
Peace