• This is not the place to tout your latest must have app. It will be viewed as spam if you do post a link to your application or any "hey this app is awesome" shill style posts and your post will be removed and you may be banned.

If you wish to submit an application for inclusion on the iLounge.com main site please do so by sending an email to [email protected]

Unable to Remove a Video from iMovie on my iPod touch 6th gen

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Gadzooks

Hi I have been adding photos and videos to my Files App, (drag and drop on the PC to iCloud), to view and share with others.

I was testing some of the options, and had selected “Save Video “ and the Video was saved to my Camera Roll (Photos App), and also showed up in iMovie. I deleted it from Camera Roll, and I believe it was removed from iMovie as well.

I don’t want to test it again, as the second time I tested “Copy to iMovie” instead, and the Video was saved only to iMovie, (and not to Camera Roll), and I don’t really want it there, and I cannot find any way at all to remove it. I do not know if it is taking up space, and if I edit it, if it edits my original file in the File App. iMovie doesn’t show up in iCloud on the PC, so I don’t know how to access iMovie from the desktop. It looks like I can’t remove it from iMovie. Anyone know how to do this? I’d like to keep my iMovie App organized. Thanks!

Last edited:

cjmnews

Staff member
Hi, I believe that it is using space, and there is a way to delete it that is not obvious.

Open or create any iMovie project and hit the plus button to browse through the media.
You see the video there, press the Edit button on top and delete it.

Gadzooks

Okay thanks cjmnews! It took a couple of tries, I finally found out how to remove it in a Project like you said. I tapped on edit, and a red delete box and an up/down arrow box showed up.

I found the video was still there, however, but when I tried to create a new Project, it is no longer in the iMovie tab. However it shows in Recents, (and I think it was Still in “All”).

I looked at Camera Roll, and now it is there. It wasn’t there before. If I delete it from Camera Roll it should be gone from iMovie for good. I’ll try that now and post back.

Last edited:

Gadzooks

Okay it sends it to Camera Roll if it is (only?) in iMovie. That’s actually good, it means that if you remove movies from iMovie it’s still in the iMovie App but being referenced from Camera Roll. And then I was able to manage it from Camera Roll. Thanks again, cjmnews!

Last edited:

Gadzooks

In Projects tap on + to Create a Movie Project, or if it is already there, tap on the Project. Tap on edit. Tap on the + in upper left corner of the Project. Tap on Video, Tap on iMovie Media. Tap on edit. Tap on the Down Arrow. It is now in Camera Roll, (Photos App), and can be deleted from there. Go back into iMovie and Tap on the Project, and tap on the Trash icon to delete the Project.

cjmnews, I was unable to tap on the red Delete box in Edit, it said the clip was currently in use so I had to move it into Photos (Camera Roll).

Last edited: