Unable To Paste Artwork in Library

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

REDSHIFT1

Ok, backstory so you can make sense out of all this: I have learned that iTunes from some reason will not allow me post artwork if the files are .wav…no idea why. So what I have learned is once I import files that are .wav, I just highlight them and right click and then select Create Mp3 and matching mp3 versions will be made. I then delete the previous .wav versions and then paste artwork. And it has worked every time…until now…

For some odd reason, I no longer have the Create Mp3 option no matter how I try. All I get is Create WAV even tho the files are already in that format. Now I am thinking it may have something to do with a recent discovery: sometimes I have to edit the church cds for radio broadcast. Unfortunately the people that are running the cd burner don’t understand the basic concept that the sermon needs to be on a separate track all by itself. But what happens is that it is either combined with some other song or divided into multiple tracks.

So I use a program called Audacity to solve these. But the file has to be WAV. So what I have done recently is go ahead and import the sermon as is from the cd. And then locate that file in the iTunes folder and copy it to another location. Then take that copy and use iTunes to create the WAV. Somewhere I have changed something that is now keeping me from creating Mp3s.

Any ideas? I need to be able to create the mp3s so I can paste the artwork.
:shake:

Cold Irons

Sounds like your import settings have been changed to WAV in iTunes.

Under Edit > Preferences on the General screen, select the Import Settings button & change to mp3. Then you should be able to select the wav file, right-click & Create mp3 should be in the menu.

On the other part of your post, I use Audacity to edit mp3's all the time - the files don't have to be WAVs. Do you really need the wav files at all?