Two thumps up for the Pioneer DEH-P6000UB iPhone Integration

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

ajmiarka

Just purchased the Pioneer DEH-P6000UB and had it installed in my car. So far so good. The unit actually has a USB connection in the back of the unit to which you can plug either your iPod/iPhone or any Mass Storage Device mp3 player. You just snake the USB cord through your glove box, or, as in my case, snake it under the dash so it comes up by my center console. I originally had an older Kenwood deck that had an AUX in which I hooked my iPhone into.

Here is a link to the unit
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/Source/CD-Players/DEH-P6000UB

The new Pioneer deck has been very easy to use so far and is very customizable. The controls are very simple and minimal. I looked at the new Alpine decks, but thought it had too many buttons. Also the screen is not as wide as the Pioneer's screen. This allows the Pioneer to display more information. The Pioneer deck is hooked directly into my iPhone. The deck has two iPod/iPhone control options: 1) direct control from the iPod/iPhone and 2) control from the deck itself.

When you are controlling from the deck itself you are able to bring up a list that represents your iPod (Playlists/Albums/Audiobooks/Podcasts/etc.). You then scroll through the menus just like you would an iPod. When the deck is controlling the iPhone, the iPhone displays and "Connected to Accessory" screen. I thought this was interesting as I have never seen this before.

One other feature that I am very happy about is the ability to play iTunes bought songs on the deck. The deck is basically acting like a iPod speaker dock and will play any music through it whether it's DRM restricted or not. I love it!

I'll have to take pictures to illustrate how the device works, but so far I am very impressed and very happy! Just wanted to share because I know a lot of people wonder about iPod car integration.

Last edited:

ajmiarka

...yeah, that title is supposed to say "thumbs", not thumps... but I guess thumps works for the kickin' music. Can a mod change that to "thumbs"?

yensed

Anti-Fanboy.
Website
www.digg.com
I take it the wire coming out of the top right corner(facing back of deck) is the USB port? I have been looking for a good "Made for iPod" stereo which works well with the iPod Touch. Ill definitely keep this one in mind. Thanks!

ajmiarka

yensed said:
I take it the wire coming out of the top right corner(facing back of deck) is the USB port? I have been looking for a good "Made for iPod" stereo which works well with the iPod Touch. Ill definitely keep this one in mind. Thanks!
Yes, the wire is just a female USB connection. Just plug in your regular iPod cable to that and you're set.

apollo85

ajmiarka, how you can enable "1) direct control from the iPod/iPhone" mode? I can't do this... :( I see "Connected to Accessory" message and press (long time) iPod button on the deck, but nothing happens :( I want to control by iPhone, but not by deck... May be I need special pioneer CD-IU50 usb-ipod cable???

ajmiarka

apollo85 said:
ajmiarka, how you can enable "1) direct control from the iPod/iPhone" mode? I can't do this... :( I see "Connected to Accessory" message and press (long time) iPod button on the deck, but nothing happens :( I want to control by iPhone, but not by deck... May be I need special pioneer CD-IU50 usb-ipod cable???
Hey apollo85. That's all that I do when I want to control the music directly from my iPhone. Just hold down the control button to switch it up. Maybe try restarting your iPhone? I don't know why it wouldn't work.

ajmiarka

apollo85 said:
also, you shouldn't need the special cable. try using the usb cable that came with the iPhone. maybe you are using a 3rd party cable that is incompatible?

apollo85

Problem is solved. Thanks. I was buy iPhone and this deck today and has no songs on iPhone :) and now I was upload music and video and try again... Wonderful :))) all is working... Even iPhone Piano and Beat programs :)

yensed

Anti-Fanboy.
Website
www.digg.com
Can I play my iTunes purchased DRM protected files through the USB input on the DEH-P6000UB? I've been going through the decks listed on Pioneers website and the most expensive one says it offers support for "iTunes AAC". I never though about it, but shouldn't all "Made for iPod" deviced offer support for the iTunes DRM files? It is playing from the iPod after all...

k.nurali

Nurali

Hey Guys,
can anybody confirm that this particular Head Unit does charge iphone? or at least latest ipod models? I would really much like to get it instead of Alpine CDE-9882Ri but only if it can charge my iphone or ipod....
Thanks,

ETKEVIN

i have the same HU and my friends 5th gen doesnt work(no HU control) i want to buy an ipod but im not sure which will work with it because the owners manual says the 5th gen should work. does anyone know which models will and wont work with this HU?