TV Shows release dates

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

iCrazy

Hi, Just brought an iPod classic and when i go to look at my tv shows, it has the name of the episode and then underneath it some of them have the release date. I wanted to fill the ones in that dont have it but couldn't see how you could as its not in the tag info section when u click on the file in itunes. Does anybody know how u can enter the info??

Thanks for ur help

Website
www.ilounge.com
At this point, the only way to enter release date information is into the file itself using a tool like [ulr=http://atomicparsley.sourceforge.net/]AtomicParsley[/url].

There are also some GUI-wrappers that make AtomicParsley a bit easier to deal with, however not all of these support all fields.

At a basic level, you should be able to get the release date into a file by installing AtomicParsley and running it form the command-line with syntax similar to the following:

Code:
atomicparsley video.mp4 -W -year "2007-9-21T07:00:00Z
This would update the file "video.mp4" with a release date of Sept. 21, 2007, overwriting the existing file in the process (the "-W" option) rather than creating a new copy.

Note that a time designator is required on the command-line, although it doesn't otherwise show up. Only the date portion is relevant.

Mawdryn

Website
www.myspace.com
I too, would very much like to input dates into episodes I add myself. (The ones I buy from the iTunes store already have the dates.) Thanks jhollington, for the info, but that's too much trouble for me. I'll remain "dateless" for now. I wonder why Apple won't let us change this through "get info"?

a113524c

Probably because they think everyone is using iTunes to put tv shows on their iPod. I also hate that I cannot change the dates. I am very picky about having all the info of my music, movies, tv shows, etc. filled in on my iPod.