Trying a jam box USB.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Derek70

I found a jam box left behind by family members, with a USB port. I tried my iPod on it. When I connect it, it thinks it's connected to a computer because it does the "syncing do not disconnect" thing. And then it does the "ok to disconnect" with that little meter thing filling up telling when to disconnect. And then it goes right back to reconnecting again. I finally disconnected when it said " ok to disconnect" I tried to beat the clock before it reconnected again so I'm not sure I disconnected right. You don't think I damaged my iPod do you?

cjmnews

Staff member
No you probably did not damage your iPod.

The USB port on the JamBox is for charging the speaker and there seems to be enough wiring to appear as if it were a computer, but in actuality is is not which is why it disconnects immediately.

You'll need to use Bluetooth to connect to the speaker, which an iPod is not capable of doing.

Derek70

i had a jambox that connected with the ipod but gave it away becuse sound check wouldnt work on it. that was before i discoverd you could tweak volumes...(what an idiot i am, read my latest post). so are you saying if the jambox has bluetooth i will not be able to connect my ipod to it? why would the speakers need charging?they'red part of the ipod.

Derek70

i had a jambox which connected to the ipod but i gave it away because sound check wouldnt work on it. (that was before i discoverd you could tweak the volumes, what an idiot i am, please read latest post for more info) are you saying that if a jambox has bluetooth capibilities, it will not connect to my ipod? and what do you mean by charging the speakers, they're part of the jambox, like a reguler jambox?

cjmnews

Staff member
JamBox is a portable speaker system with a battery in it to amplify the sound. So it needs to be charged, and that is what the USB port on it is for on some models. There are variations apparently, and some use the USB port for music and others do not, and only use Bluetooth. I have never seen one so I have to go by what I see online.

iPods generally don't have Bluetooth, with the exception of some of the newer iPod Nanos. I don't know if they can connect to a JamBox or not.

Derek70

No, this one takes battieries and has a plug cord. you buy batteries for it. this jambox (if "jambox" is not the word for it, i dont know what to call it, all i know it has a CD player, a radio and a USB port.) doesnt "charge" like an ipod or ipad does.

cjmnews

Staff member
Then the information I have been reading and responding with is completely wrong.

You would have to search for the brand and model number for the boom box or portable stereo, to see what the USB port supports.

Either way it should not have damaged the iPod.

Derek70

Im trying to look for external speakers for my ipod since the one i had was starting short out. (thats my latest post other topic)

Derek70

i tried looking in the manual but theres nothing about ipods on there.

cjmnews

Staff member
I would expect that it reads thumb drives of MP3 files through the USB port.

cjmnews

Staff member
You have a port that accepts USB devices. You have a device that scans it when it is connected looking for MP3 files, and plays them. I don't understand why this is a difficult concept.

Derek70

i got a new eternal speaker for my ipod today. have no idea how to set it up, directions are in spanish and there was no plug cord. only the conection you see in the photo.
WIN_20170410_16_01_03_Pro.jpg

WIN_20170410_16_00_28_Pro.jpg

WIN_20170410_16_01_32_Pro.jpg

WIN_20170410_16_03_35_Pro.jpg
i even googled it. google doesnt know what Fusion acustic is. i click on images, it shows me a bunch of guitars.

cjmnews

Staff member
Searching I found it: http://www.fussionweb.com/productos/detalles/4/ISP-7FC/6458

1000 Watts
Bluetooth playback
Synchronize mobile device (I have no idea what this means)
USB Port for MP3 playback (not sure if iPod support is here, I would guess not)
MicroSD for MP3 playback
Auxiliary port (you could plug your headphone jack in here, not great sound.)
Rechargeable battery

I can't find a manual for better information.

Derek70

no power cord> how does it get power. i lives on battery power, thats it?? i bought the wrong thing then. i cant do this! btween me not being able to speak and inderstand spanish and not knowing what to look for i am screwed. i asked a worker. i even showed my ipod he siad "Si, si" so. i douby if he even knew. Theres just no hope for ever finding an external speaker for my ipod, is there :(

Last edited:

cjmnews

Staff member
I am not going to try and support the speaker system you have. My Spanish is from 30+ years ago, I don't remember any of it. Though if you got it new, then there should be a cord to charge, possibly USB. Yes the sales man was right, the speaker can work with your iPod with the headphone jack.

There are 1000's of speakers for iPods, if you have a modern iPod with a lightning connector. As for USB connection, you are going to be limited a bit. You may need to look at discontinued 30 pin docks like iHOME products (iP46), or other brands to find something.

Or you can use the headphone jack on most of these systems, as they needed to be compatible with the Android market.

Derek70

i found info on what Synchronize Mobile Device means
Synchronize Mobile Device
doesnt help me much. has to connected to wifi to provide power????
Anyway my mom and i are taking it back with a reciept sometime this week. i will just tell his there was no power cord, i did not know how to power it up. OH wait! i have to do that.... IN SPANISH!!

cjmnews

Staff member
Google Translate: https://translate.google.com

The speaker does not have a power cord to charge the battery that I can find and does not support USB connected iPod for playback.

El altavoz no tiene un cable de alimentación para cargar la batería que puedo encontrar y no admite iPod conectado con USB para su reproducción.

Who knows if that is good.

Derek70

THanx! I got a new one. It works but... it will not show the iPod menu!! I'm reading from the box it's a Master Nuevo serie 4.1 pro. It works. But I had to use the double headed earphone jack..

Last edited: