Transporting my Music, Playlists and Ratings

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Larathydo

Hey folks!

I have a question for you guys...

Well, turns out that i'm not gonna be home for the holidays, so i was contemplating transfering my music collection from my main PC to a laptop i have.

Basicly, i have 14.73GB of AAC files on a seperate partition on my hard drive. Well, the seperate partition is labeled as "E:", and it is dedicated to my iTunes library.

Basicly, i was wondering if it were possable for me to transfer my songs to the laptop, and yet still have all my playlists and ratings entact after the transfer. I have never been able to restore music ratings and playlists to a PC after a format :(

I know it may be possible to copy the iTunes database (2 files, one is an XML file i think) to the other computer, but i dont think it would work because there is only a single partition on my Laptop (Drive C).

So in otherwords, i want to make a "Clone" of iTunes, it's music and settings on my laptop - Especially if i bring my iPod with me, so that it will continue keeping the playcount and ratings when i switch back to my PC after the holidays.

Anyway hopefully you folks can understand what i am trying to do, and any help would be greatly appreciated. I have become so attached to my my music now via iTunes and my iPod that i really would like to have them when i leave.

Thanks very much in advance! If you need any more information i'll gladly try to expand on what i have said on this post.