Transferring itunes library

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

zenobia

I was wondering if someone could tell me how to transfer itunes library from one computer to the next? I have been using my friends computer for the last couple of months where I downloaded/bought a lot of music on his itunes. Now, I have my own computer and I want to know how to copy his entire library on his computer to mine. We have tried home sharing but it is not working. I think it may be because we don't have the same Internet service. I have also looked into backing up his library on cd's and then downloading the disc on my computer but it will require 135 discs to do that. Is there any other option?

paulfinlay29

my recommendation would be to buy an external hard drive and back it up on to there. i do that with mine every couple of weeks as ive got a large music collection and am always adding/re-arranging playlists etc.

plus, my pc has the habit of dieing completely every now and again (needing a factory reset to get it back up and running) so its a good way of making sure i dont lose everything if/when my pc throws a paddy.

adding the music back to the pc afterwards is easy, just on my way to work but if you google it youll find intructions and its pretty straightforward.

good luck !

Submeg

As Paul said, definitely get an external drive (or three!) I have my library backed up to two separate drives (not my main drive) and I have even burnt it to DVDs (many).

Do you wish to keep all the playlists, playcounts and ratings? If so, check this out.