Transfer apps from computer to ipod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

akWilder

Got a Ipod Touch recently, and downloaded several apps to it from my computer at home. Now I'm at work on the North Slope, and would like to download more apps, but since I don't have wifi here, can't go to the itunes store using the ipod. I downloaded several new apps directly to my netbook via cable modem, but not having any luck moving the apps from the laptop to the ipod. Any ideas?

ipodlover344

so the apps are already on your computer? do u mean they are in itunes? if you already have them in itunes, they should automatically sync, unless its set to sync only checked songs. if that's it, then you need to click on My iPod in itunes, click on the Applications tab, and click the box next to Sync Applications

if u dont have the apps in itunes, you need to move them there.

akWilder

I've done all that, but I get the message that if I sync from this computer I will lose all other apps already on my ipod.

Sparkee

For the most part iPods only sync to one iTunes on one computer. You may be able to set the touch to "Manually manage music and video" then it will allow you to drag and drop files. When you get home you should connect it to your main system and transfer purchases before by right clicking on the iPod. Then you may return it to auto-sync.

Do a search for setting up an "Ad-Hoc" network for your operating system. You should be able to set up a wifi network for your touch using the netbook while it is plugged into a network. I've become a big fan of the AirPort Express from Apple. I keep one in my laptop bag to create a wifi network in motel rooms although you can also pick up other wireless routers pretty cheap on sale or with rebates.

deidraa-

i am having a similar problem, i dont have wi-fi, and i downloaded apps to my itunes, i know how to sync them but when i do go to sync on my device there isnt an app tab to do it ? how do i get this tab to appear? i do have apps already in my itunes..

psutton2

Syncing my apps

I recently tried to download some apps through my cpu but when the apps finished syncing it shows a message saying download failed on my ipod why is this happening?