Tracking down a song missing from playlists?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Bat-Hound

I currently have 1276 songs in my iTunes library. I've placed all of these songs in various playlists, yet my playlist count is 1272, which means I have 4 songs that I never put into a playlist. Is there any way to figure out (script, setting, preferences, etc.) if a song has NOT been added to a playlist. I've done some nosing around, but have come up empty. An addition to "Get Info" that stated what playlists a song has been added to would sure come in handy right now!

Any ideas?

lons

Website
www.lonseidman.com
automated comparison?

Does anyone know of a script or other software that will compare my ipod's playlist to the library?

There are about 300 songs not making it to my ipod (I'm having itunes use the automated selection process), and I'd like to quickly compare the itunes selections to the entire library to see what's missing.

I accumulated this library long before I had a Mac or even an ipod for that matter, so I really don't have the time to sift through things manually (unfortunately).

dcmacnut

Website
www.redwildshow.com
Are any of your missing songs or playlists based on the grouping tag? The current firmware for the iPod doesn't recognize grouping tags, so the playlists will come up empty.

I don't know about a script. This website has a list of various iTunes apple scripts. You may find what you are looking for there.

Chris

lons

Website
www.lonseidman.com
Thanks for the response, I apologize for getting back to this thread sooner.

No, actually I don't have any playlists set up beyond just the the ipod playlist that i'm currently forced to use.

Frankly I don't have time to go through my 3,700 songs and group all of them. When I use my ipod I typically browse by artist or just shuffle my entire library and listen to whatever comes up (I'm not picky :) ).

So having the ability to easily get a list of what's NOT on my ipod would be great. If anyone out there is skilled enough to write up something, I'd pay a shareware fee for sure. I'm sure others would too.