track appears to play but no sound!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

a7dk

Hi everybody; I have another strange problem. Occasionally, when a track starts, it will appear to be playing, in that the counter advances and the "play" triangle icon shows, but I get no sound. The headphone jack is securely inserted, and the volume is up. Generally, I can fix it by turning it on and off several times. Has anyone else had this problem? HOw did you fix it?

Thanks!

ahMEmon

The ONLY solution is to back up your iPod and do a restore. I've had that happen on my both my 5G 30gb iPod video then my replacement 5.5 G 80gb iPod video 5.5G.

Spdr114

It may also have to do with your case. It's been known that the silicone cases can cause this problem because:
The ipod has a smart function that detects your headphone jack leaving the port causing the ipod to pause itself. In some cases the metal on the jack touches the silicone plastic case. The silicone stops the electric signal causing the ipod to basicly confuse itself. Since the smart function turns itself on asyou start to play your song it basicly freezes.

The best thing you can do if this is the problem is cut a larger whole in your case

a7dk

Well I do have a silicon case; I'll have to do a little research. THanks, Spdr.