Touch Won't Download Apps

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

FANTASTICVOYAGE

I have the newest touch. But it will no longer download apps. Not good. I have tons of pictures I want to move to another drive since I apparently will have to erase all data to reset where it will hopefully download apps again. Unless someone here knows something I don't. I don't have a computer, so I would prefer not to deal with iTunes. And I am out of iCloud storage. Is there any chance I can move all my precious pictures efficiently and reliably to another portable drive? I tried copying some yesterday to my flash drive on a public computer, but it look longer than I hoped and there was some unexpected error copying some of them (so I have no idea which pictures didn't copy). I was looking at a different flash drive that plugs directly into the Apple port on my touch. Unfortunately, after reading reviews those drives apparently have to have an extra app to be downloaded. Are there any that don't need an app? Is there any other workaround I could move them all quickly to my other touch or another drive?

cjmnews

Staff member
This is the big problem with trying to operate an iPod/iPod Touch/iPhone without iTunes or iCloud. You will eventually run into the scenario where you need to restore the device and you don't have a backup.

Your best bet is to sync it with the iTunes that it has synced with before, and telling iTunes to back up the iPod Touch and then restore it. This will save all of your data.

If you don't have the original iTunes system, then you are stuck with your original scenario where you connect the iPod Touch to a PC via USB and copy the Photos from the Apple iPhone\Internal Storage\DCIM folder to another drive. This will backup the photos that were taken by the camera and saved to the device.

From what I have read all the lightning connector drives need another app.

You have not specified why you can't download apps. Are you getting an error? Are you not logged into the Apple Store? Are you out of space? Can you not search for apps?

FANTASTICVOYAGE

Yes, I was getting “app can not download” over and over. I had plenty of storage. I’m always logged into Apple Store. I eventually figured out what was wrong after some trial and error. I turned off VPN. Suddenly, apps would download again. I never imagined that would cause that. I always kept in on before, but never had a problem downloading anything. Unfortunately, Apple Support or none of the other help sites I looked at ever suggested that. Apple Support sounded clueless when I told them what I found on my own.

cjmnews

Staff member
A VPN can redirect your connection to a different country and your login may not work in that configuration.

VPN is a rarely used option for the people that post here, so I didn't think that would need to be checked. Next time....