Toothpaste

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

breakaway1029

It....Really.....Works! I tried it last night, with tartar control from both colgate and crest, and my only complaint is that it stays a little sticky.
Instructions (FRONT):
1. Take soft cloth and add a tiny ammount of toothpaste that barely rises above the cloth.
2. Rub the toothpaste up and down over the surface of the ipod, you don't need to use too much force. (add more toothpaste if it doesnt cover the whole area you're trying to cover.)
3. Before you buff off the toothpaste you need to get it a little moist....lick the tip of your finger :) and rub over the toothpasted ipod.
4. Buff off the toothpaste in an up-and-down motion to prevent swirls.

**toothpaste also works in the same way on the back**
Good Luck!

Adam

Brushed Steel Guy
Just use metho, that cleans it much better, then put a bloody case on it, no more tootpaste.

Techno Pod

the reason it works is because toothpast is kinda gritty (bite ur teeth together when u brush ur teeth). its gritty so it can scrub stuff off ur teeth. so it also acts as a very fine sanding/polish that will essentually polish ur ipod...u know i would of never thought of using toothpaste hehe

Adam

Brushed Steel Guy
If a tissue can give the back of a polished iPod tiny scratches, I would really hate to see what toothpaste does. Espcially to the screen.

Infamouschitlin

well I just used toothpaste for the front and back and...
Back: Well to tell the truth, it did nothing. It looks the same, but does smell better.
Front (screen): All small scratches gone, all large scratches still there.
Verdict, use for front. Makes ipod smell good. Really. Ill probably get more girls now...

dave985

i use toothpaste for a lot things like that

my teacher told me a few years ago that toothpaste gets all kinds of things out. I use it to get stains out, remove scratches from my ipod and to get scratches off of CDs. If you use toothpaste on CDs that are to scratched to work they will work after. Just rub in the toothpaste and wipe it off with a wet soft cloth, good as new.

mcdj

Sporting trousers.
Website
www.rknydesign.com
Deep scratches will respond nicely to toothpaste, but if you check it out in the sun, say, you may be surprised to see your iPod covered in micro-scratches. A little plastic polish (Novus) apres toothpaste will help smooth out the micro-scratches.

-Rob

Oh, and I have no idea what posessed me to spend a half hour on this...

p.s. once and for all, could someone explain how to get images to show up in my posts? I've tried everything I can think of.

KraziKid

mcdj said:
Deep scratches will respond nicely to toothpaste, but if you check it out in the sun, say, you may be surprised to see your iPod covered in micro-scratches. A little plastic polish (Novus) apres toothpaste will help smooth out the micro-scratches.

-Rob

Oh, and I have no idea what posessed me to spend a half hour on this...

p.s. once and for all, could someone explain how to get images to show up in my posts? I've tried everything I can think of.
Nice pic

Attachments

Cooper353

As tooth paste, vegetable oil is said to work well as a temporary solution. One tiny drop of vegetable oil on top of scratches can be a quick cosmetic fix.