To Shutdiwn Or Remain On Standby?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

musichound

Helo all,

I am pretty sure this question was asked over a thousand times, but I could not find it anyplace:

When not using the ipod Touch, is it better to do a full shutdown, or always leave the iPod Touch on standby?

I am asking because I usually do a full shutdown, but, today, when I went to turn on my Touch, the Apple logo did not dissapear and I had to reset it before it would turn on again. FWIW, I have the third gen Touch running firmware 3.13 and is jail broken

Mods, if you know of a thread that answers my question please close this and direct me to the correct thread.

AdrianW

IMO - if you're not going to be using the iPod for many days, then shut it down, but if you're going to be using it again after only a few hours (eg overnight) you may as well leave it in standby.

I'd much rather have my iPod ready and waiting and instantly on rather than having to wait a significant amount of time while it boots. And I may be wrong, but I'd expect the whole boot sequence to use a fair amount of power, possibly more power than leaving the device on standby for a few hours.

rockmyplimsoul

Website
www.last.fm
I periodically shut it down completely and re-start it, maybe every 20-50 hours of use to clear out the memory to (hopefully) avoid random hiccups.