To free up space on IPad through ITunes

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

CarterUSM

Hi

I’d like to free up some storage space on my Ipad. Upon going into ‘Settings’ on the Ipad, it was seemingly apparent that there was scope for me to free up some space on Itunes; I wouldn’t be willing to delete any of the other apps I currently have installed.

To investigate further, I went into Itunes on my PC to try and find more details. At the bottom of the screen, there’s a coloured bar detailing the proportion of storage space occupied by different applications.

One of them is described as ‘Documents & Data’, and I would like to find what this component is comprised of, so I could possibly delete some of the items within. Unfortunately, there doesn’t appear to be an obvious way of doing so. Does anyone know if it is possible to ‘break in’ to this section to find the items stored within, in order that I may try and delete them?

On a related point – presumably, if I were to delete some of the music tracks on Itunes on the Ipad, I would be able to subsequently sync Itunes on the Ipad with that on the PC, such that the tracks I chose to remove from the Ipad wouldn’t be permanently deleted?

Many thanks in anticipation of your assistance.

cjmnews

Staff member
Actually the iPad has more details than iTunes does.
Settings->General->iPad Storage will list the apps that are using the most space to the least.
You can go into each app and see the space it is using and delete things you don’t need.
The space used will be classified as App Size and Documents and Data making it easy to see what is in the Documents and Data category.

I like the Messages app with Review Large Attachments where I can see pictures and videos and choose to delete them or not.

You can delete tracks from the Music app on the iPad and they will not be deleted from iTunes.