• iLounge and the Discussion Forums are read by people in countries all over the world. The legality of DVD-to-iPod ripping will vary based on your country of residence. iLounge does not in any way endorse violation of the valid rights of copyright holders, and strongly recommends that you consult your country's copyright and fair use laws before copying any video content.

TiVo to iPod question

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

jamesus

Dear All,

I have a question about transferring video from my TiVo box to my iPod. I have installed and have successfully transfer a show from my TiVo box to my computer via TiVoToGo. Then, using Directshow Dump, I turned the .TIVO file to a .MPG file. When trying to add the .MPG file to my iTunes library, I run into a problem. The file does not add. I am using iTunes 6.0.2 and wanted to try out the Convert function that has been included in the new release. Any ideas of how to help me would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time,

James

kdupes

it needs to be in mp4 format.
I have transferred and converted tivo files and burned them to dvd.
I have also put dvd's on my ipod.
I have not put tivo onto my ipod yet.
After direct show dump, use videora ipod converter,it's free and convert to mp4. then from itunes add to library.
I Haven't used direct show dump lately. Can you convert from tivo file to an mp4?? If so then you wouldn't need videora.
Videroa also may be able to handle tivo files and could poss convert from tivo to mp4 also.
Just trying to help you do it in 1 step instead of 2.

jamesus

Thank you for replying.

I have been successful in converting the .MPG files using videora.

DirectShow Dump does not have the ability to convert the TIVO file to .MP4. What DirectShow Dump does is remove the TIVO coding so that it can be view in .MPG file, and therefore viewed on as many computers as you want (ot portable devices for that matter).

What I am trying to do is to utizlize a new feature in iTunes 6.0.2 that allows iTunes to do the conversion in lieu of a third party application. There is an article that is posted here (www.ilounge.com/index.php/articles/comments/converting-video-for-ipod-with-itunes-6-mac-pc) and it explains how to do that, but I am unable to add the .MPG file to my library.

Any thoughts?