Tired of hearing about ILLEGAL MUSIC?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Tired of hearing about ILLEGAL MUSIC?

• Yeah I'm tired of it, let the horse RIP!

Votes: 22 68.8%
  • I'll continue to beat the horse!

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • I don't care one way or another.

Votes: 6 18.8%

• Total voters

Mr94Supra

Nu 12in 1.33mhz PB ownr!
Website
groups.msn.com
Hey I've had an iPod for about 2 months now and I have yet to download any music from any site besides iTunes and Napster. I bought some tunes from both site, but obviously the Napster tunes don't play on me iPod. BUT I will borrow a friends cds to copy to my harddrive in a heartbeat. I have well over 280 cds I've paid for and buy at least 1 every two weeks. At about 12 bux a cd thats well over 3grand in music. The artist have made their loot off me and will continue to, and I have yet to see an artist say their pockets are suffering because of "pirated" music.

Anyway my point is that i'm sick of seeing ppl post "thats illegal", "you don't own it, and don't have a right to it" and stuff like that. If you are tired of reading such posts (as am I) vote. Just curious is if I'm the only one here that wants to let that dead horse RIP!

enjoilax

Yea i dont want to know what you do in the privacy of your own home. Its not a bragging right really...

Bethany

Website
crunkness.com
Yes. I'm tired of having the opinion that downloading is wrong shoved down my throat. It's actually not so bad at this forum, but I'm mostly tired of seeing record execs on music award shows and giving long lectures about downloading.

I actually do think downloading music is wrong, which is why I use ITMS and rip from CDs most of the time. (I only use KazaaLite for singles I can't find on ITMS) But I don't need a constant reminder that it's wrong.

Jackonicko

Retired
If you're stealing music (and that's what you're doing if you're downloading without paying) then at least have the guts to face up to it, and don't whinge and whine if people with better morals ;) tell you so!

enjoilax

I'm downloading music based on the facts that:

1. The Artist should be considered FIRST when getting paid off of a CD.
2. CDs are becoming WAY overpriced (civil disobedience)

Yes it is wron to dwl music, but doing it like this forces the RIAA to change. I dont want to download music, i just want cheaper CDs.

urgh how many times. downloading is NOT STEALING. stealing is where you disposess someone, wheras here there is a complicated issue over digital copyright, is a copy identical to the original etc etc.

Aceon6

Barca Lounger
For me, it's about the format. The RIAA, in it's insular way, never saw the distribution model changing until it was too late. I've been buying music since 1961 (yep, I'm that old) and still have at least 500 records and tapes. That doesn't count the ones (probably thousands) I've given or thrown away. Should I have to pay again to get the most current format of music I've already paid for?

Keeper

Please can we stop with the excuse that downloading is done for some noble cause (civil disobedience) ...it is done for greed - no more no less. People download because they want the music but don't want to pay for it. Is it stealing?? I believe it is but am willing to debate it but the motive is greed and nothing more.

studogvetmed

Website
www.vandeventers.com
I'm more tired of the question "Can I transfer my music obtain in "other" manners" type of thing.

I'm also tired of people thinking that by downloading music they are being noble or on a crusade to destroy the RIAA. It's not going to happen.

Am I going to berate people for downloading though? No. What they choose to do is their choice, but don't fool yourself into thinking that what you are doing is okay for any reason, because in the face of current laws and regulations it is not. If you want to change the nature of the beast you need to get out there and play for change, things won't change sitting in front of a computer downloading music. My 2 cents.
Stu

Mr94Supra

Nu 12in 1.33mhz PB ownr!
Website
groups.msn.com
Keeper said:
Please can we stop with the excuse that downloading is done for some noble cause (civil disobedience) ...it is done for greed - no more no less. People download because they want the music but don't want to pay for it. Is it stealing?? I believe it is but am willing to debate it but the motive is greed and nothing more.
Greed? :rolleyes: Give me a break, how is downloading music greed? Korny korny korny.

Keeper

Greed because people want something for nothing. My point is if you want to dl music then by all means go ahead but please recognise the real motivation - that is the desire to get new (or old) music for free.

What I find Korny is this notion that people dling music are noble or some kind of crusader.

jbloodwo

Aceon6 said:
For me, it's about the format. The RIAA, in it's insular way, never saw the distribution model changing until it was too late. I've been buying music since 1961 (yep, I'm that old) and still have at least 500 records and tapes. That doesn't count the ones (probably thousands) I've given or thrown away. Should I have to pay again to get the most current format of music I've already paid for?
there is much truth in what you have posted. Planned obsolesce is one of the main money makes in the music industry. I.E. as a 30 something I have purchase ?dark side of the moon? and ?days of future past? in both cassette tape and CD. If you extend the lunacy of the RIAA to its fullest unless I buy digital right to these albums then I cant listen to in on my ipod. Don?t forge that some of the music execs talking about the evil p2p networks even think you are steeling if you play a cd in your car and home cd player. Some of the things I have hered that the RIAA may want is DRM that will ?tie? an audio disk to one player.

wolfpacker

I thought this poll was going to be for those of us who are tired of the dozens of threads going on by people who are breaking the law and have the audacity to ask for help in doing so.

enjoilax

Keeper said:
Greed because people want something for nothing. My point is if you want to dl music then by all means go ahead but please recognise the real motivation - that is the desire to get new (or old) music for free.

What I find Korny is this notion that people dling music are noble or some kind of crusader.
Same here. I want to see change.. but lets face the truth people...

its free and anonymous (sort of)... So why else would you not do it?

deftdrummer1

The power that be.
downloading music cannot be stealing! im 100% on Aceon6's side in that the riaa failed to change as the times changed. Now they got their panties in a bunch because the rest of the world found better technology than cd's and they can't charge $20 anymore for a piece of plastic. IMO the RIAA should have been the first to launch a digital music service! you snooze you lose!