thoughts on the Nano lawsuit?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

TheFly

Website
www.nogagreflex.com
Faulty for screen cracks; not for scratches.

I think there might be some grounds here, if the nanos are proven to be less scratch-resistent than prior models. It's like if there's an established level of durability in a model line. You come to expect a certain quality.

I do not, however, think there's cause to ask for a portion of Nano profits. That's pure greed.

Unfortunately, we've entered an era of easy litigation.

dansgil

Senior Lounger
Website
www.i-need-money.co.nr
Yeah, they are being pretty greedy. I don't think though that the nanos are less durable than previous iPods. It may just be the clear layer of plastic on top of the color that makes it show more scratches.

-DG

user1234

The lawsuit has merit. The nano screens can get severely distorted due to scratches, causing rainbow effects and such.

But asking for a share of nano profits is silly. Though at worst, a full refund is in order.

arn357

I'd like .005% of all sales as settlement, I'm not greedy.

win2000b

Website
www.blackforce.co.uk
Join the nano Law Suit

Please choose the appropriate forum for this topic. Thank you. Just been reading about the Nano law suit and found a link to join in the suit.

h ttp://ww w.hagens-berman.com/frontend?command=PressRelease&task=viewPressReleaseDetail&iPressReleaseId=1054

h ttp://w ww.hbsslaw.com/join_a_case.jsp

TerryB

Did the Nano Come Scratched?

I think its just BS .

why blame someone else for your stupudity?? do you sue Ford when your new car gets scratched up by other dumb sh.ts? can't anyone just take resposibility for thier actions? Love my Nano and think it is a great product from a great company.

PS one should wonder when the nano comes with a protection film to protect against scatches, why would you take it off? seems to me it is your fault when scatches appear.

Watch out
The Coffee is HOT

scoot241

My 30GB photo got scratched just as easily as these people are complaining about their nanos. I haven't let my nano leave the house yet because I'm waiting for my case to come in.

i-yannick

Apple Bites
African Fanti said:
As iPOD owners, this here --> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4198360.stm is something we should be more concerned with - especially if Creative decides to take legal action
no we don't... read the article:

"But Mr Leigh added that Creative was likely to have a hard time to get anything out of Apple as the applicability of patents was often difficult to prove."

Code Monkey

African Fanti said:
Hopefully they will - so additional costs won't be passed on to us consumers :)
You mean like the $30 to $100 almost each and every customer winds up spending on cases and polishes because Apple can't be arsed to make a product actually designed for everyday use?

I can't comment on the specific merits of the nano case. I don't own one and I know nothing about the history of the plaintiffs. However, my 5G has accumulated more scratches in less than 36 hours than the three minis *combined* that have been in my househould did with more than 3 years of collective use between them.

Intentionally or negligently, Apple made a mistake with the design of the recent iPods so if the case hurts them, I say hooray.

lip

I gotta say that Apple have repeatedly made their products friendly for the aftermarket community. They do this on purpose to help their partners sell cases. Come on people, this thing scratches more than anything I have seen in my life. My glasses don't have any scratch resistant coating and I don't take care at all with them (put them in my bag, drop them,etc...) and I don't have 1/10000000th the scratches of the nano on my glasses.
It's complete crap.
People have to expect their product to not be visibly destroyed when using it normally. Imagine buying a shirt and having the colours fading away the first time you wore it outside...

They are going a bit far in the lawsuit asking for profits but for sure apple should offer a rebate or a version that doesn't scratch as much for free

I have an nano but I'm sick of the apple fanboys...

LIP

Insimbi

So is the 5G gonna scratch just as easily, or did they make it better somehow? Other than including a case I mean.

Code Monkey

Insimbi said:
So is the 5G gonna scratch just as easily, or did they make it better somehow? Other than including a case I mean.
It looks to me like the case was the sum total of their attempts at making the 5G durable. I just found another pretty major scratch on the face and the *only* visible objects this thing has been in contact with are my fingers and soft cotton. It's a joke because, sure, it looks great, but what is the point if you have to seal it in rubber/plastic just to achieve what should have come out of the box?

I'd so much rather Apple gave us the industrial ugly style of the old sports line of Sony walkmans than this "noveau artistry" that winds up looking like any other piece of plastic junk unless you seal it away like a rookie baseball card.

ragingSPAM

obviously those nano owners havent owned ipods before so they think it wont scratch...haha yea right they wont win for ####...especially when apple gets its high powered lawyers on it

lip

They don't need high powered lawyers to really beat apple...this will cost apple a #### load of lost sales...sure it'll still sell millions but they will sell less because of this if the publicity is high enough...
The average ipod buyer cares 10x more about the looks of the ipod than what it actually sounds like. That is a fact.

LIP