Third Party iPhone Dock v Apple Dock

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

greencode

Is there really any need to purchase the rather expensive Apple version of their iPhone Dock or will I notice no difference if I just pick up a cheapo one from Hong Kong on eBay? Apple's Dock is £28 whereas you can pick one up on eBay for a tenth of that price! Are we just paying for the brand name of Apple with this product?

R

ReyZero

1/10th?
I see walmart selling them for 29 when the cheapest 3rd party one was 30 from sedio

hanky

1/10th?
I see walmart selling them for 29 when the cheapest 3rd party one was 30 from sedio
The Seidio doesn't looks as sharp but:

1) It's black if you've got a black phone

2) It much more versatile if you have a case

3) It has a charging light (and may have audio out or a power in for adapter, not sure which)

4) It also comes with a quality USB cable.

As a deal, the Seidio is more worth it.

Abouna

Last edited:

hanky

Note also, the docks on eBay (all that I saw) don't look like they'd work with a case at all, they are molded to fit the iPhone precisely. The Belkin on the other hand uses inserts. My father is using the Belkin with his 3Gs w/ a case.
EXCELLENT point and true. Seidio and Belkin both excel in this.

paul100

Of course its true that Belkin & Seido are good. But I still like the Original Apple Dock though it may be expensive.