there was a problem downloading the software.the network connection timed out

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

savage_1530

Its mmy brand new Ipod..and I am getting really annoyed....what the hell is dat msg suppsd to mean!??? how am i to fix it??? sumbdy pls pls help...my Ipod is under recovery mode..and it was formatted using a MAC..now wen i try to use it in windows...it says it needs to download the software..and during the proces..it 'times out'...:mad::mad:

Sparkee

It surprises me the people who come to volunteer based communities such as these forums demanding immediate help. This is not a chat help line were there is a person monitoring it 7/24. You need to be patient, your first post was only 10 minutes from your second post. I know you want to fix your problem now but it can be hours or days before the right person comes along with the same experience to help fix your problem. If you demand immediate help you can always phone AppleCare since you say your iPod is brand new.

I would start by making sure your iTunes is up to date, the iTunes Store can access the internet and is not blocked by firewalls, security software or routers. I ran into a similar issue a few versions of iTunes were there was some quirk that required changing the Macs time zone temporarily to Cupertino's Pacific Time Zone.

savage_1530

Well I have posted my queries here before, a couple of times. and the reslult wasnt exactly close t wat I wld expect....nyways..sorry bout dat..i thgt dat nobody wld reply for a few days!! hehe

OK..1. .ya my Itunes says dat a newer version is available..shld i download it?

2. How wld I knw exactly imy Itunes is blocked by a firewall??

3. Wat was it about the timezone u were saying?

thnx a lot

Sparkee

Well I have posted my queries here before, a couple of times. and the reslult wasnt exactly close t wat I wld expect....nyways..sorry bout dat..i thgt dat nobody wld reply for a few days!! hehe

OK..1. .ya my Itunes says dat a newer version is available..shld i download it?
That would be a good place to start. Apple sometimes changes to url to the update sites so older versions will not be able to find the new updates for iPods. What version are you using? Some iPods also require newer versions of iTunes and will not work with some older versions.

2. How wld I knw exactly imy Itunes is blocked by a firewall??
Depending on what firewall you have installed on your computer it should have an option somewhere to show allowed or blocked programs.

3. Wat was it about the timezone u were saying?
There was a quirky little bug awhile back that required Mac users to change the computers clocks time zone setting to the one where Apple's head office is which is in Cupertino California. I don't think all Mac users seen this, I did, and I don't believe it was an issue on Windows. I believe the bug has since been fixed.

savage_1530

welll..i uploaded to itunes 9...its still not working..i went over to a freidnns who also cldnt hellp me out..well i formatted my ipod from 'my computer'...and all the usualk ipod options u get inside the 'removable disk', like the 'contacts' etc have disappeared...

Sparkee

I'm having problems understanding your issue here. You must have fixed the network timing out issue getting iTunes 9 along with the latest iPod software update. When looking for for these options for "removable disk" are you looking at the sync options in iTunes while the iPod is connected?

If all the sync options are not showing up for the iPod in iTunes with the iPod connected and selected, try Restoring it once again, some times Restoring can go wrong and require doing it again.