The WORST has happened!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

DR0570

I’m on a brand new iPad starting over. I was robbed a week ago, Thief came into my bedroom and stole my iPad, iPod, android smartphone and glasses. I immediately changed a lot of my passwords including my email, Apple ID, Facebook, Netflix, YouTube, ilounge I changed just now. I share Amazon with my mom but she changed that later. ALMoST too late. Once you change you passwords, any saved passwords on the stolen pad is no good right? That’s what I’m told. Any other advice I need?

Last edited:

cjmnews

Staff member
Correct. If you saved passwords in the devices (not a good security practice) and changed them elsewhere, they should generally keep the person out.

Some services like Spotify can remove authorized devices, which would be a good idea to do as well. This will disable things that don't verify passwords on connection to services.

Hopefully you had Find My iPad enabled on the iPad so that it can't be used EVER without your Apple ID and Password. Also hopefully you had passcodes/face ID/fingerprint ID on the devices to prevent easy access. Hopefully you had a backup of the iPad that you can restore from.

DR0570

No...I did not know how to use find my iPad or that fingerprint thingy. But I did change my Apple ID password. And basically all I had on there were pics I had somewhere else on my pin drives. So that’s ok. I’m gonna look at the find my iPad app on this one and see what it does. No one had ever really told me what’s it for.

DR0570

Ok... I turned on an app that says “find my iPhone” (I can’t seem to find an app that says iPad”) and it located this new one I got. What exactly is it supposed to do?

cjmnews

Staff member
It should be in Settings->iCloud ID->iCloud->Find My iPhone slide the slider to green. (It could be named Find my iPad and should be in my mind, I don't have my iPad with me to verify).

The purpose is to lock the device to your Apple ID, so that if someone grabs it, they can't restore it or resell it without your password to turn it off.