• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

The Ultimate iPod showdown

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

xboxman

Expelliarmus!
So people, what iPod do you think was the "best"? I am talking about every iPod of the past, across generations and models (Nano, Mini etc)

Now the obvious choice would be to say the newest iPods because of the upped specs etc, but I am aware that a lot of posters on these threads have been around since the 1st/2nd gen. So for personal reasons more then anything else, which iPod was your favourite?

Personally, my absolute favourite was my first iPod, a 15gb 3rd Gen. It was a present from my parents on my 15th birthday and it blew my mind. I had played about with iPods before, but this was my first MP3 player and I loved that I could carry around all my music on.

As generations go, I honestly believe the 3rd Gen was the last great iPod. I later upgraded to a 40gb model and it reaffirmed my belief. Apple included everything iPod owners would need form the start (dock, case, remote, firewire cable, software, AC ADAPTER!!!!), and it seemed that they honestly really cared about their consumers. The cube box etc added to the whole "experience" and I remember this forum being flooded with actual stories from members about the little white box.

As an Apple fan, I am not complaining that Apple are doing well, in fact I am glad as a Mac and iPod owner...however my successive iPods (photo, 5g) left a slightly bitter taste in my mouth, knowing that the "glory" days were over.

ThisisCraigP

down for whatever
xboxman said:
So people, what iPod do you think was the "best"? I am talking about every iPod of the past, across generations and models (Nano, Mini etc)

Now the obvious choice would be to say the newest iPods because of the upped specs etc, but I am aware that a lot of posters on these threads have been around since the 1st/2nd gen. So for personal reasons more then anything else, which iPod was your favourite?

Personally, my absolute favourite was my first iPod, a 15gb 3rd Gen. It was a present from my parents on my 15th birthday and it blew my mind. I had played about with iPods before, but this was my first MP3 player and I loved that I could carry around all my music on.

As generations go, I honestly believe the 3rd Gen was the last great iPod. I later upgraded to a 40gb model and it reaffirmed my belief. Apple included everything iPod owners would need form the start (dock, case, remote, firewire cable, software, AC ADAPTER!!!!), and it seemed that they honestly really cared about their consumers. The cube box etc added to the whole "experience" and I remember this forum being flooded with actual stories from members about the little white box.

As an Apple fan, I am not complaining that Apple are doing well, in fact I am glad as a Mac and iPod owner...however my successive iPods (photo, 5g) left a slightly bitter taste in my mouth, knowing that the "glory" days were over.
i couldn't agree more, i love my 3 gens. i had a 15GB when they first came out and it died about a year ago but i ended up finding a 40GB 3gen on eBay. very soon it will go under a battery replacement by me (im a little scared that i screw something up!)

Craig

PG4G

The touch, just because of its computer system but my 5.5 G is so close behind it it was hard to see it go. It really was a work of art, that iPod.

I wasn't around for the hayday of the 3rd gen.

Apple have turned this into buying everything separately to make money.

They need to start showing dedication to their customers, like they did the iPhone.

Each product serves a niche. A niche they supposedly care about. How disappointing when you find out right out of the box that they don't care. They just wanted the cash.

MattZani

Touch or iPhone for all round use, Classic for audiophiles, Nano for General Music Use.

Yes, all current gen ^^

begbie86

2nd generation Nano, because of firm, scratch-resistant case, slim design, battery life and it's quickness...